• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Sharing a couple from today

Hi, I've been quite busy lately, but I have an day without work and taking advantage to do a bit of my own work.
Sorry if they are not at the right spot. I'm not used to the new way we can upload here. Enjoy!
Maggie

Maggie Terlecki: "As She Whispers"

Maggie Terlecki: “The Invitation"

Oh, I left this so Asher could write my thoughts:

“I reward Asher today with chiaroscuro red blooms, (not my usual pastels, he expects), this just for his persistence in trying to engage me, his goddamn English charm and our shared tracking in the paths opened by Leonard Cohen’s prayers and songs “that let the light in!”

Maggie

Oh, I left this so Asher could write my thoughts:

“I reward Asher today with chiaroscuro red blooms, (not my usual pastels, he expects), this just for his persistence in trying to engage me, his goddamn English charm and our shared tracking in the paths opened by Leonard Cohen’s prayers and songs “that let the light in!”

Maggie
Ha! And you make me laugh too! :-D

The two are surprisingly different. How did you light them?
Hi Jerome,
Actually, had to check because I took pictures during days of these tulips, and the first day was so dark and morose that I used flash, directed into an umbrella but these 2 were both taken on the third day with window light. I'm posting an image where my cat gets in the scene, and you can see it's just a posterboard in the window. You cannot see these in the other images as I usually frame in camera, so you don't always see the extras. It's not a good pic, but lets you see what I did. The image with the flower with dew, was in a vase, so up near the top and got a lot of light. I have entered another image here, that has not had selective sharpening yet, and although a different view, just one shot away. I also am including a shot from the first one before I process to make the bottom better - addding vignette and also tweaking the light on the tulip itself. This one was low in the frame and got much less light but I liked the final feel of it anyways.

Attachments

• windowlight.jpg
    windowlight.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 147
  • beforeselective.jpg
    beforeselective.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 137
  • beforeprocessing.jpg
    beforeprocessing.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 137
This is so brilliant! I would never had thought of that. Give a hug to the cat from me. ;)

Oh, being called brilliant is such a good thing! :-D I often do images any way I can. I don't have a lot of expensive equipment but find that I
can do things in a simple way. Images are always taken raw anyways, so I always post-process and selectively sharpen and usually can get
something I like.