• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Small wild flower

Robert Watcher

Anne and I were walking along a wooded path this weekend, when I noticed some small yellow patches along the edge. Initially I presumed they were just dried areas of the leaves - however on closer inspection they turned out to be small delicate flowers. Almost like miniature orchids.

I picked one and had Anne hold it in front of the black tshirt she was wearing. That ended up providing perfect contrast for a lovely background. After we returned to the campsite, I ran the picture through Google Lens and got the proper identity of the beautiful little wild flower

I transferred the files from my camera to iPad, wirelessly - then processed them using Snapseed. 300mm equivalent kit lens at 3200ISO

IMG_4803.jpeg

——————

Supporting pics of the story

IMG_4826.jpeg

IMG_4827.jpeg

IMG_4828.jpeg

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The first is beautiful and worth the effort you put in to that find.

However, the second is a perfect symmetrical specimen with a unique memorable light blue-purple gradient in the petals.

With green leaves emerging above it, from that beautiful bokeh, this is worthy of a special commanding place a wall.

Excellent presentation and composition!

Asher