• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Small wild flower

Robert Watcher

Anne and I were walking along a wooded path this weekend, when I noticed some small yellow patches along the edge. Initially I presumed they were just dried areas of the leaves - however on closer inspection they turned out to be small delicate flowers. Almost like miniature orchids.

I picked one and had Anne hold it in front of the black tshirt she was wearing. That ended up providing perfect contrast for a lovely background. After we returned to the campsite, I ran the picture through Google Lens and got the proper identity of the beautiful little wild flower

I transferred the files from my camera to iPad, wirelessly - then processed them using Snapseed. 300mm equivalent kit lens at 3200ISO

IMG_4803.jpeg

——————

Supporting pics of the story

IMG_4826.jpeg

IMG_4827.jpeg

IMG_4828.jpeg

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The first is beautiful and worth the effort you put in to that find.

However, the second is a perfect symmetrical specimen with a unique memorable light blue-purple gradient in the petals.

With green leaves emerging above it, from that beautiful bokeh, this is worthy of a special commanding place a wall.

Excellent presentation and composition!

Asher

At first sight, the yellow/orange one really looked like a wild orchid, but it is as you say, Impatiens Capensis. The second is definitely chicory. The flowers are quite tiny and beautiful. Cool that you found great flowers in the wilderness, this late in the season... but I imagine it's unusually warm as it is here in Quebec. It's been hot for a week and yesterday + 28C, and probably the same today!