• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Color Panoramas SoCal: When it rains it snows!

We had a fair bit of rain recently here in SoCal and got lucky with a nice covering of snow in the San Gabriel Mountains.

Yesterday I was armed with more than the usual iPhone (!) and got some nice results, including a pano of several shots.

More rain is coming Monday so hopefully we get another dumping of snow!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Where are you?

We should shoot together sonetime!

Now it’s fun on the Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica, Venice Beach and Hollywood Boulevard especially!

Asher

Asher Kelman

A wonderful sight, Mike!

I love the form of the mountains you have captured so well and the fortune of no veiling must.

That’s the advantage of the recent rains that clean the air.

I wonder if you also have such images with much more of the clouds included as that would put the icing on the cake.

Thanks so much for sharing. I am inspired!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Mike,

This one is spectacular!

Was it a large image that was cropped or else a stitch of several images?

Asher

Thanks Asher! I am out in the 909, I've been to the places you mentioned, some time ago.

A month ago I got the same view with icing clouds; I will dig that out next.

Images 2 and 3 above are pano's, 2 being 2 images and 3 being several.

Here's the same location from a month ago with more clouds and cool lighting (2-image pano). These were taken from the location shown here, in-between strip malls!

Asher Kelman

Well I had to discover that “909” is a good term, LOL!

I go there for various steel fabrication equipment for my sculpture for Public Art.

Well, near there on the 10 freeway around Rialto!

You must visit “902”, my hood. I will get you a pass!

Asher