• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thomas Sheehan says shooting minute animals with simple Macro setups is the closes an average person can get to exploring a new planet!

I promise you will be fascinated. First with the 120mm Fuji image stabilized lens on the lightweight GFX MF camera and then using much simpler modest setups.

2122C6BD-611B-4D96-B307-B30339B4F3A4.jpeg

One great example is an early Pentax with a 50mm standard lens reversed! How simple could that be!

477B7973-EF45-489F-A6F7-54B675E70E58.jpeg

He shows us lighting with a diffuser and the built in pop up flash!

You will be impressed and inspired!

Try this marvelous general and easy introduction video first and then the Fuji GFX review here!

Tell me it was worth the diversion!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Because of the lockdown, there is so much more time for small flowers, cracks in the bark of trees with insects and a look at all the things we don’t notice in our “civilized” lives!

Macro is the tool for looking at these smaller object we ignore.

Stacking focus becomes a great advantage. Even just 3 pics can work wonders on a flower of fly!

Asher.