• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Thus Goes the Day

Chris Calohan

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Chris,

I took the liberty of switching the thumbnail to a full image. If I am in error let me know!

Is the thumbnail an accommodation for “screen-height-challenged” laptop users?

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Chris,

Photographing sunsets is such a demanding challenge compared to even getting a fast moving hummer!

Few folk have difficulty catching the sunset with their camera but getting a picture that has worth beyond a memento is so hard.

Chris Calohan: “Thus goes the Day”

What I like here is that:

1. The sunset has the expected beauty: check, but not “enough”!

2. Clouds hide much of it, so we see a “reveal”, like a theatre curtain being raised on a glorious set: intrigue added: check!

3. Below the sky, you show hills, trees and then obliquely-lit fiery water: layers to explore: check

4. Dark branches and twigs, close to us, add “presence” and place us in your scene: “Bingo!

Thanks!

Asher