• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Critique Requested Trying New Things

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
As a small question, do you really need “photo by”, as it starts to distract, a tad form the delicate image. Your name has beautiful letters and could be sufficient.

Just an idea.

Asher

Kevin Gagel

As a small question, do you really need “photo by”, as it starts to distract, a tad form the delicate image. Your name has beautiful letters and could be sufficient.

Just an idea.

Asher
Good point Asher. I think when I made it I was thinking I had to indicate I was the photographer but somehow stating I'm the photographer didn't seem right so I went with photo by. I'll think about this some and will probably just put my name as you suggest.

Kevin Gagel

F22, 1/8 sec., spot metered and 1/2 stop darker of exposure compensation I swept the camera upwards as the shutter opened. In On1 I added some colour enhancements and a texture. To me it evokes a kind of spooky forest. I also took the advise above and removed the redundant "Photo by".

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Kevin,

Delighted to see another attempt to push boundaries, especially since you thought about how to control the light so well!

Kevin Gagel: “Forrest”

Notice, Kevin, I added empty space above and below your work to allow it to show better!

Kudos!

Asher