• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Critique Requested Trying New Things

Kevin Gagel

I've been trying to make my photography more interesting. This multiple exposure was hand held while I took ten successive images for the camera to process as one. In On1 Photo Raw I added a just little colour boost to greens and reds. This image was my favourite for that day.

47468677671_657250556f_b.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
As a small question, do you really need “photo by”, as it starts to distract, a tad form the delicate image. Your name has beautiful letters and could be sufficient.

Just an idea.

Asher

Kevin Gagel

As a small question, do you really need “photo by”, as it starts to distract, a tad form the delicate image. Your name has beautiful letters and could be sufficient.

Just an idea.

Asher
Good point Asher. I think when I made it I was thinking I had to indicate I was the photographer but somehow stating I'm the photographer didn't seem right so I went with photo by. I'll think about this some and will probably just put my name as you suggest.

Kevin Gagel

F22, 1/8 sec., spot metered and 1/2 stop darker of exposure compensation I swept the camera upwards as the shutter opened. In On1 I added some colour enhancements and a texture. To me it evokes a kind of spooky forest. I also took the advise above and removed the redundant "Photo by".

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Kevin,

Delighted to see another attempt to push boundaries, especially since you thought about how to control the light so well!

Kevin Gagel: “Forrest”

Notice, Kevin, I added empty space above and below your work to allow it to show better!

Kudos!

Asher