• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Two nights with camera ready

Robert Watcher

Nice drive home as the sun was setting. Pulled off on the side of the road and stuck my camera out the car window, at the perfect time. 30km farther on I pulled over for this threesome of wind turbines, where I steadied my camera by resting my arms on the roof of the car shooting at 1/20’th second at 3200ISO.

IMG_4952.jpeg

IMG_4953.jpeg

IMG_4955.jpeg

The following evening I was just heading to bed and got a notification on my Aurora App, that there was low probability of seeing it from my location - but that there was a lot of activity and to keep an eye out for the possibility of seeing the aurora.

So I threw my clothes on and headed in the car out to my dark side road. It turned out to be nothing spectacular to the eye, but it was visible in my long exposures. What was really cool though, was that the full moon was lighting the fields around me so they almost looked like daylight. It was between 11:40PM and 12:10AM that I was taking this all in.

IMG_4970.jpeg

IMG_4972.jpeg

Last edited: