• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Uninteresting Post. Went on a Shopping Spree Yesterday

Robert Watcher

I wanted a couple of specialty lenses for the current work that I am doing, and found them on kijiji.ca close to where we are staying for the next couple of months in Ontario.

For macro work, I purchased a 35mm macro (2:1 70mm equiv) in the four thirds mount for close up detail shots and for copy work in the field. For a longer reach zoom, I received a 75-300mm (150-600mm equiv) micro four thirds mount. Both in pristine condition. I used to have the 70-300 lens for my E-3 and E-520’s and really miss having a lens in that range for shooting people surfing at the ocean as well as reaching into the jungle to capture wild animals - so now have a replacement for that. The 40-150 (80-300mm equiv) that I have been depending on with my micro 4/3 gear, just doesn’t cut it for reach.

Also ordered in a couple 64GB Sandisk cards and the Anker USB3 card reader as well as a power cable for my MacBook, from Amazon. And I picked up a hardly used iPhone 7 - 128GB yesterday to replace my 16GB iPhone 6. So went on a bit of a spending spree when I returned from El Salvador on Monday (mind you all for half the price of one new premium Olympus lens) - and now I am set for a while for my street and travel work when I head back in November.

These lenses weren’t necessary, but should provide a slight edge on taking images such as these that I shot in a jungle atop a volcano in Nicaragua last month.

Last edited:

Robert Watcher

———-
Wild to Ontario Canada LOL
A quick go with the 75-300 outside. Focused well even with tree limbs in the way as the nervous squirrel scurried around before disappearing

E-M1 w/75-300 @ 200mm - f8.0 @ 1/160 @ 1600 ISO

Last edited:

Robert Watcher

I’m looking forward to honing macro skills as well. I’ve never done it and from a quick test last night on a few different objects that were close to me - it ain’t easy. Macro requires a different skill set that I’m determined to master. I used single point AF for these. This lens goes to 2:1 magnification (2 times life size) on micro 4/3.

E-M1 w/35mm macro - f5.0 @ 1/160 @ 3200 ISO

Ink Dots Visible - text on Amazon Gift Card - approx 3/4” x 1/2” uncropped
Edge to Edge Sharpness
E-M1 w/35mm macro - f5.0 @ 1/10 @ 3200 ISO

Razor Thin DOF
E-M1 w/35mm macro - f5.6 @ 1/40 @ 3200 ISO

Microscopic M - the Flower head that these petals are part of, is around 2-3” across
E-M1 w/35mm macro - f16 @ 1/60 @ 3200 ISO

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
So handsome and cute to the nth!

So tell us about this little fellow? What it called? How common and easy to find are they?

Are the hard to catch?

Asher

Robert Watcher

So handsome and cute to the nth!

So tell us about this little fellow? What it called? How common and easy to find are they?

Are the hard to catch?

Asher

Red Toed Frog I believe. I know nothing about them. I was on assignment shooting images of local creatures such as these frogs, for a client (this isn’t the image that they licenced - it’s an extra that included a hand).

People who are familiar with the jungle provided the frog in it’s environment, to be photographed. I’ve never seen one other than in pictures in all the years we have been photographing in Central America. I suppose if you were trying to find them specifically and you knew where and what you were looking for, they might be easy to find in the wild.

——-