• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Using a rare video camera mirror lens...

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Canon CL f4/250mm on Panasonic GH4

47651633361_ba30576681_o.jpg

47651633631_0b8be097f9_o.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Besides the beautiful combination of great color and focus yet pleasant blurred bg, how good are the lenses optically and how does it compare with the one's available today used from KEH etc?

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Besides the beautiful combination of great color and focus yet pleasant blurred bg, how good are the lenses optically and how does it compare with the one's available today used from KEH etc?

Asher

Well, it is a very well made, sharp lens, but with a rather small image circle as it was for a video camera system. Today Mirror lenses are very good, namely the Olympus 8/500m and the Nikkor 8/500mm. One has to love the doughnut bokeh though - I do.

Peter Dexter

Those are beauties alright. My first experiments with telephoto were with a Tokina 500mm mirror lens on a Pentax MX camera. I liked the circles in the bokeh too.