• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Uzbekistan

fahim mohammed

I joined up with Ayesha. I don’t have facility to upload pics.

But first and foremost: the hospitality and courtesy of the Uzbek people has to
be experienced to be believed. And then the architecture... I have traveled around the globe, but
never witnessed such jaw dropping architecture. And the history and culture...astounding barely describes it.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Ayesha and Fahim, be safe and stay within one hour of a great medical center!

Please!

Looking forward to your pictures.

Asher

fahim mohammed

Thank you Asher.

Cannot stop our passion for travel, different cultures and history.

Else we both shall stagnate living in the little pond of our minds and stagnate.
And you know what that does!

fahim mohammed

Bit of Uzbekistan. iPhone
Hundreds of years old. Fifth generation living.
More sometime later.

Last edited:

fahim mohammed

A while back, I asked my granddaughter, studying in school in the US, what she knew about A. Einstein.

Quick as a flash, the girl smiled a ‘ E = M( C*C) ‘.
I asked why M or C? Blank!

Let’s travel to Khiva to find the answer.

Like I said, it is in the details. Worked out long long time ago. We build on it.
A brick at a time.

The grandest is in the minute.
Even of The One, who some say is not proven.

Get close..,wa photography.
From afar...well you know.

Get close to understand. Even your partner.

Asher Kelman

A while back, I asked my granddaughter, studying in school in the US, what she knew about A. Einstein.
Fabulous!

Quick as a flash, the girl smiled a ‘ E = M( C*C) ‘.
I asked why M or C? Blank!

Stunning probative questioning to any child

Let’s travel to Khiva to find the answer: Like I said, it is in the details. Worked out long long time ago. We build on it. A brick at a time.

Fahim,

That’s amazing to find the origin of that most famous formula for the speed of light to be in an Uzbek City!

The grandest is in the minute.

Is that:

Minute, [Me-newt] meaning it’s tiny granular form?

Or

Minute, [Meen-It], the measure of time?

Even of The One, who some say is not proven.

Get close..,wa photography.
From afar...well you know.

Is “wa” a typo for “with”? Anyway I would appreciate an explanation as, although I’m seduced by the “hint” that you are perhaps talking perhaps about infinity of God, but perhaps instead, by the definition of the mathematical term, “one”!

Get close to understand. Even your partner.
A wise sentiment, indeed!

Asher

Last edited:

fahim mohammed

Ayesha is continuing her journey in the peaks of krygistan.

I had to return to Dubai coz of travelers diarrhea.

I shall return home shortly and shall respond to your query.

Asher Kelman

fahim mohammed said:
Bit of Uzbekistan. iPhone
Hundreds of years old. Fifth generation living.
More sometime later.

Fahim,

A special thanks to you! This is the grand entrance to a major and beautiful Synagogue. I will likely never see it with my own eyes!

This design and decorative tile is purely Islamic-Turkic tradition and quite amazing for me to see. The Hebrew is straightforward classical and easy to recognize.

It’s great that diverse communities are welcome and can coexist with the majority population, likely as not nearly all Muslim.

This is how it has been for centuries with waxing and waning of relationships but in the whole pretty damn good!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Asher.

I had asked my granddaughter a simple question; knowing full well that she would know one of the most famous of mathematical equations. That of A. Einstein and the relationship between mass, energy and the speed of light. Without knowing the details.
I could easily have asked her the following much simpler expression : Y = X. Simple. Y-X = 0. Simpler still.

Or one of Kepler's equations; or Newton's. Or A.Friedman's expanding universe model. ( Einstein initially believed in a static universe ! ). But I digress.

Let's visit Khiva as it was a couple of weeks ago!...

p3505234743-5.jpg

The old fortress walls surround the old city of Khiva. It is a UNESCO world heritage site.

Step inside...and step back in time...

p3505234760-5.jpg

Within these walls lived a man, long time ago. This mathematician created a system that provided the key to begin unlocking all planes of the universe.
The Greeks are held in reverence for their work in geometry..and rightly so. ( The word ' geometria ' literally means measurement of the earth ). And their geometry was earthbound. Spaces, sometimes in abstract terms, but always reducible to a physical reality.

This man freed the human mind from those limits and let it soar. He built upon the works of greats that had come before him. Be they Greeks or Hindus or the Babylonians!
His numbers and ways of calculation would enable later generations...hundreds of years later, to calculate the point of intersection of a space probe with one of the moons of Jupiter. Or the cellular processes of biotechnology and even the encryption of cellular conversations.

Or enable Kepler, Newton and Einstein to be able to formulate their individual brilliance.

History does strange things. The world shall forget this man, even as we today use his name and the mathematics he gave us. And one day some Western historians shall even deny that he was great.

He wrote many books...on astronomy, geography and mathematics.

He shall be disenfranchised from the very creation of his mind. While others would take the credit.

Until about the 16th century, 700 years after his death, the Europeans will honor and dignify everything they postulate with the concluding footnote ' dixit algoritmi '.

His most famous surviving books are ' Al- jabr ' and ' Al- muqabala '. meaning restoring and comparing respectively.
He would have created the way to represent mathematical equations with abstracts. Think about it.

Near his death, he would say..' Allah gave me the knowledge to count camels and sheep '.

His name was Mohammed Al-Khwarizmi. Born in Khwarizm, Khiva.

My granddaughter recognizes a famous equation. But what about the man that created the very foundations of representing mathematical formulations? She was never taught about that.
I made sure she knows, that progress is made on the shoulders of the greats that went before. Even if lost to history.

Asher Kelman

Fahim,

You point out a truism! After Europe awoke from “The Dark Ages”, scholars ravished forgotten works and these modern figures thus made their indelible mark on Western culture. The same when “Columbus” “discovered” America!

But, I must point out that the actual symbolic chain of thought used so well by this very great man, Mohammed Al-Khwarizm, was already being linked, piece by piece in ancient Thebes!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Which Thebes are you talking about?

I know of 2 Thebes!
And neither one had a positional ‘ 0 ‘.

Though both did fine work without it with the help of geometry and angles.

What you are trying to imply is not dissimilar to diminishing the work of Henrietta Levitt in comparison to Hubble. Hubble never gave credit for this brilliant lady’s work either!

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Which Thebes are you talking about?

I know of 2 Thebes!
And neither one had a positional ‘ 0 ‘.

Though both did fine work without it with the help of geometry and angles.

What you are trying to imply is not dissimilar to diminishing the work of Henrietta Levitt in comparison to Hubble. Hubble never gave credit for this brilliant lady’s work either!
Not my intention to diminish credit to anyone. Certainly I am too unimportant in the s heme of things to put my finger on such a scale. No harm intended!

Asher