• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

W(h)ither the handshake?

Doug Kerr

Anthony S. Fauci, MD, Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, points out that our giving up the custom of the handshake during the COVID-19 pandemic might be a good thing on a permanent basis. And in fact Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States of America, himself long known as a germophobe, many years ago told a reporter that he thought the handshake was barbaric.

But it is exciting to note that Panasomic, in its DC-FZ1000 II camera, has recognized the value of one of its functionalities (the 5-axis Hybrid O.I.S.) on this problem:

1586703142663.png

Fortunately, I have this same functionality on my DMC-ZF1000.

Best regards,

Doug

James Lemon

The US Center for Disease Control and Prevention identifies that nearly 1.7 million hospitalized patients annually acquire Health care-associated infections while being treated for other health issues and that more than 98,000 patients (one in 17) die due to these. Several studies suggest that simple infection-control procedures such as cleaning hands with an alcohol-based hand rub can help prevent HCAIs and save lives, reduce morbidity, and minimize health care costs.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6245375/

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
10 Basic Ways of Limiting Hospital Infections

1. Actually just soap and water is all that is needed
2. No handles on doors or faucets
3. No BP or other gear wheeled in and out of patients room
4. All gear has to be sterilizable
5. No touch panels to open ICU/surgical suites
6.no common typing keypads unless they can be disinfected before and after each use
7. No cleaners/janitors coming in with mops from other rooms
8. No scrubs to be worn outside the buildings
9. Return to cloth gowns and launder and sterilize
10. Particle sampling of all rooms 3 x daily for pathogens

Asher