• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Wainscot Moth

Paul Iddon

I think this is the common wainscot moth...

wainscot03_4k_1800-X3.jpg

wainscot01_new_4k_1800-X3.jpg

wainscot04_4k_1800-X3.jpg

wainscot02_new_4k_1800-X3.jpg

Paul.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I still love macro shots
Well I have just purchased a 16-35 mm4.0 L IS and an auto setup to mount the lens reversed for macro to get up to X5 magnification.

I also have a Raynox 250 D magnifying Macro adapter so I am going to explore this wonderful part of photography!

@ Paul: But how does on persuade such moth to sit still?

Asher

Paul Iddon

I'm sure this moth flew into the house 48 hours before these - and yesterday evening my daughter spotted it in the window, so to release it I just offered my finger tips to it. From this attempt, it flew and landed on the floor, but the second retrieval went well, and the moth stood on my finger.

At this point, I had to get Rachel to insert a card into the camera, turn it on, format it, and get it ready for the photoshoot.... We slowly walked into the garden where I pushed my finger and said moth against the bark on a small branch of the apple tree. Fortunately, as it stepped onto the tree, the moth just stayed on that spot. Camera time, and a few minutes later, we see the results...

Paul.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Paul,

There must be a heavenly angel entomologist assigned full time to bring the formidable micro creatures to your neighborhood!

2AD892C2-E91A-4963-8DE6-DD7F40DFA56D.jpeg

What an amazing story and a chance for father-daughter bonding!

Asher