• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Warmer tonight

Paul Iddon

The cold freeze has gone, and it's much warmer tonight, so I thought I would have a quick look in the garden (around 11pm-ish)..

There wasn't much in all honesty, but I managed 3 photo's.

First is a woodlice which I suspect is not the victim in the photo... As well as decaying wood, common rough woodlice feed on leaf litter, fungi, fallen fruit, dead animals and even faeces. They even eat their own excrement, an act known as coprophagy. I think this one is feeding on the spider, not the other way around...

wood_eat_a_4k-XL.jpg

Next up is the tail end of a scooting Katiannidae globular springtail. They are small (up to 6 mm) but very abundant. This one just didn't fancy a portrait though...

kat_bum_a_4k-XL.jpg

Third up is a fly on the garden fence - there were two, but the other turned away from the camera, so I stayed with this one.

eyefly_b_4k-XL.jpg

Paul.