• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Water Hyacinth

Chris Calohan

Water-Hyacinth.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
OMG, Chris!

What a sly follow. You call this eater hyacinth, unusual enough.

But you slipped in a lizard upper left. Wow, this is magnificent!.

I wonder whether one can purchase such plants in the nursery or they are wild!

The parallel lines on the leaves are so attractive!

Asher

Robert Watcher

This is a cool shot. The gecko adds so much interest to the beautiful flower.

I had no idea that Water Hyacinth’s were so unusual having the unique markings on one pedal. I presumed you may have artistically manipulated them, but did a Google Image Search before I embarrassed myself - only to find, that is how the common water hyacinth is designed. Really wonderful.

———-

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This is an amazing traveller from South America all over the world where it’s warm enough!

It turns out that the water hyacinth, despite being so beautiful, elegant and colorful, is a foreign, rapidly growing plague to waterways, fish and wildlife!

Worse, the stagnant water it creates, provide a perfect breeding place for the mosquitoes 🦟 they spread material, dengue, yellow fever, West Nike Virus, encephalitis and bilharzia!

Asher