• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

What did I miss last time.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
I lived in Sydney for 40 years.
I never tire of going back.
This time I took my grand daughter.

There is always something new, something old, something missed, something to revisit.
It is by far the most picturesque city I have ever visited.
Then again, I am Australian.
What can I say?

3E3BFC0D-1883-4105-8C95-E16C89C1CBD9.jpeg

3D8514F2-1B7D-41D6-B54E-0401F5CB5CAD.jpeg

613AF37E-D2EE-4019-92D8-8C01412FB8D5.jpeg

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Cool post @Tom dinning !
Love your simple but effective images :)
I so regret that when I came to Sydney in 1999, I hadn't a minute to visit the city!
I arrived on Dec 23 to come onboard the magnificent Mari-Cha III (145 feet long) to shoot the Sydney to Hobart race in video…
We left on the 24, I remember the sailing from the marina to the sea… Superb and memorable!
I stood 1/2 day in Hobart and flew back directly to Bordeaux (a long flight!)
Yo can watch the video:

We reached the final line many hours before Nokia, the official winner as we did participate "for the demonstration" as the boat was too big at that time to be listed on the official list of participants.

Last edited:

Tom dinning

Registrant*
The beloved Sydney/Hobart race is a favourite even for the less sea worthy like myself, Nic.
Many a time have I watched the passage through the heads and the journey down the coast.
Drama seems at every turn.
You missed an opportunity to spend time in two of the iconic Australian cities, each defined by the access to the oceans.
My upbringing was defined by such access. 40 ocean beaches, huge harbour, surrounding coast, thriving cities.
To join them together with. Single race was a master stroke by the planners.
Next time, spend some time relaxing.
I’d be happy to show you around.

Tom

Cool post @Tom dinning !
Love your simple but effective images :)
I so regret that when I came to Sydney in 1999, I hadn't a minute to visit the city!
I arrived on Dec 23 to come onboard the magnificent Mari-Cha III (145 feet long) to shoot the Sydney to Hobart race in video…
We left on the 24, I remember the sailing from the marina to the sea… Superb and memorable!
I stood 1/2 day in Hobart and flew back directly to Bordeaux (a long flight!)
Yo can watch the video:

We reached the final line many hours before Nokia, the official winner as we did participate "for the demonstration" as the boat was too big at that time to be listed on the official list of participants.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
The beloved Sydney/Hobart race is a favourite even for the less sea worthy like myself, Nic.
Many a time have I watched the passage through the heads and the journey down the coast.
Drama seems at every turn.
You missed an opportunity to spend time in two of the iconic Australian cities, each defined by the access to the oceans.
My upbringing was defined by such access. 40 ocean beaches, huge harbour, surrounding coast, thriving cities.
To join them together with. Single race was a master stroke by the planners.
Next time, spend some time relaxing.
I’d be happy to show you around.

Tom
Thank you Tom,
I note your kind invite and will not forget it if I ever come back to Australia!
The passage through the heads and th e Tasman straight are very impressive, we had a lot of strong winds, I was happy not to be on a small boat!

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Hi, Tom,

Lovely images.

This one:

almost looks like a photograph!

Best regards,

Doug

Cheeky bugger!

How I love the harbour, More accurately call Port Jackson.
The ferries are 100 years old and came from Scotland by sea, towing each other in a line of 3 at a time.
New engines, new decore, same look, same feel. Theres a fast ferry hydrofoil built in Tasmania on the route but I prefer the Yellow and green of the old tubs. As you pass the heads and the swell roles in from the Pacific you can go to top deck and ride the waves like a surf board. Then throw up so the spray hits the passengers at the rear.
Not any more, of course. I've grown up a bit since then.