• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Wildlife Portrait

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A pity they can’t be more generous with the bamboo inside the cage. Why does the wild animal have to see a metal fence?

Asher

Antonio Correia

i-kbx7gj2-X4.jpg

Antonio Correia

Asher, it was... just guess ! :unsure:
In India, of course ! :LOL:
The car stopped at that point. I was standing then and made tis shot. Seconds later the mother staying in the very same place turned her back to up. :)

Now, another one from the same park.
2020-03-09%4016.23.17-X4.jpg

Asher Kelman

31B493EF-8D31-44B4-B578-8A1855325385.jpeg

Ahah, Nicolas!

The marks on the “stick” are just regular meristem segments on a well focussed bamboo or other large monocot plant!!

Yes, natural after all

Antonio Correia

I hope to be heading to Kenya by the end of the year.
However, this time I will only take the 24 GM, the 135 GM on the 7 III and the Oly 5 (I think it is the IV, not sure :unsure: ) with the 40-150 (80-300) because of the weight.
There is a domestic flight to be done and some weight restrictions are imposed.

I would like to carry only Sony equipment as the 135/270 is a bit short.
I wish I could buy (now) the 200-600 Sony but it doesn't worth for future use. But I love so much the quality of Sony/Zeiss lenses...
We can't have everything in life, can we ? :)

Asher Kelman

John,

I appreciate very much seeing this bird.

Is it a kind of cockatoo?

….and what’s it eating? Seems like bread!

Asher

Asher Kelman

I hope to be heading to Kenya by the end of the year.
However, this time I will only take the 24 GM, the 135 GM on the 7 III and the Oly 5 (I think it is the IV, not sure :unsure: ) with the 40-150 (80-300) because of the weight.
There is a domestic flight to be done and some weight restrictions are imposed.

I would like to carry only Sony equipment as the 135/270 is a bit short.
I wish I could buy (now) the 200-600 Sony but it doesn't worth for future use. But I love so much the quality of Sony/Zeiss lenses...
We can't have everything in life, can we ? :)
Antonio,

Did you make the journey or did Covid stop you!

I would have thought you’d be better off with the larger sensor Sony camera.

The 270mm will easily be better quality for the same wildlife shot with the Olympus at 300mm.

Asher

Pao Dolina

Ashy Drongo (Dicrurus leucophaeus) by Paolo Dolina, on Flickr

A slim, medium-sized drongo with bright red eyes and gray plumage that is almost black in the western parts of its range and quite pale in the eastern parts of its range; eastern birds also often have an oval-shaped pale facial patch. It has a long slim tail with a deep fork. Common in wooded habitats where it sallies for insects and aggressively chases other birds that may compete for food or nectar. Most birds migrate south every winter. Similar to Black Drongo, but slimmer and usually in different habitats. Calls include harsh and sweet notes, and can mimic some bird species poorly.

Source: https://ebird.org/species/ashdro1