• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In Perspective, Fun: The woman with 4 legs

and 2 left arms...

4legs.jpg

Freaks!Freaks!Freaks!

Doug Kerr

Well, for what it's worth, I learned recently that in many octopus species, the male's sex organ is on its third right arm. ("Is this a state visit, or are you just glad to see me?")

It is ordinarily sacrificed upon use, and the cephalopod is out of action in that regard until next season, when a new one grows.

It also seems that most octopus have distributed processing, with a subordinate brain to control each arm. (Well, all the arms are - complicated.)

In one species, regarding mating, the male, remaining discretely at a distance, has the arm detach and it goes a-calling autonomously. (Target designation is evidently done in advance - the arm isn't given carte blanche, so to speak.)

Best regards,

Doug

Well, for what it's worth, I learned recently that in many octopus species, the male's sex organ is on its third right arm. ("Is this a state visit, or are you just glad to see me?")

It is ordinarily sacrificed upon use, and the cephalopod is out of action in that regard until next season, when a new one grows.

It also seems that most octopus have distributed processing, with a subordinate brain to control each arm. (Well, all the arms are - complicated.)

In one species, regarding mating, the male, remaining discretely at a distance, has the arm detach and it goes a-calling autonomously. (Target designation is evidently done in advance - the arm isn't given carte blanche, so to speak.)

Best regards,

Doug

Remote sex, that's sounds interesting, afterwards the only thing you got to do is called the Ponce Pilate trick (sorry about that).

Some men also got a brain dedicated for the purpose of directing their em... arm, they actually got only ONE brain :) .

Actually It made me think about a particular image, quite well known: XIXth century fake ghost photos...I'll try to find it out!

To be honest it also made me think about Pierre Molinier but I didn't tell my sister :)

Although brought about differently, it reminded me of work by Francesca Woodman, who often showed herself 'disappearing' into the background of her photos. I like it.
Mike