• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Light Painting.

I have a couple of friends in California that do this type of photo painting. They sometimes do it with groups and other times by themselves. They have created some fabulous images! Lots of fun. :) Maggie

I have a couple of friends in California that do this type of photo painting. They sometimes do it with groups and other times by themselves. They have created some fabulous images! Lots of fun. :) Maggie
Thank you for your comment. There are not many people here in Scotland do this style of photography. I have only used my light stick 5 times, so still learning how to use it. :)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Gordon,

So pretty and delightful. The pier or bridge is perfect setting with the b.g. Of lights reflected in the water.

Can one have a setup for such phenomenological fab lighting 3D Design with observability in real time by the naked eye!

Would one one need a transparent sphere or cube with arrays or ordered, programmable LEDs?

Ashef

Here are some of her images from facebook, they are set to public, so I think you can see them. These have to do with doing light painting with blades. She has made several different types of
sticks with different things that are really inexpensive or found around the house. I'm sure if you contact her, she would be happy to give you some tips. Her name is Carol Cohn. You can say you
know me and that I pointed you to her.

Light Painting
More
and again more

Here are some of her images from facebook, they are set to public, so I think you can see them. These have to do with doing light painting with blades. She has made several different types of
sticks with different things that are really inexpensive or found around the house. I'm sure if you contact her, she would be happy to give you some tips. Her name is Carol Cohn. You can say you
know me and that I pointed you to her.

Light Painting
More
and again more
Stunning images :)

What is it like when it’s not moving and how do you get such a perfect sphere?

Asher
It is just a line of LEDs about 3ft long there is 144 LEDs in a row. To create a sphere you rotate the light stick. It is quite difficult to get the start point and end point not to overlap.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It is just a line of LEDs about 3ft long there is 144 LEDs in a row. To create a sphere you rotate the light stick. It is quite difficult to get the start point and end point not to overlap.
Have you tried simply mounting it on wheel and spinning it?