• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Chestnut Vendor

Cem_Usakligil

n09221.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The biggest thing is to salute you and your family! These are tough times.

But then, again more than that, we still are so appreciative of the gift you bring us, albeit from months ago!

Asher

Asher Kelman

So any new rules about the age of the photos to be shared? 😅
No rules, Cem!

We eagerly await many more of your pictures. This particular picture is so perfect:
62A311BB-2D80-4604-BE38-F439B9F4C7F7.jpeg

It brings back memories of childhood, it’s so well composed, it has mood and will not age on any wall!

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

No rules, Cem!

We eagerly await many more of your pictures. This particular picture is so perfect:

It brings back memories of childhood, it’s so well composed, it has mood and will not age on any wall!

Asher
Thanks Asher, appreciated. It's all about the mood and memories indeed. Can you smell the roasted chestnuts? I can. :)

Asher Kelman

Thanks Asher, appreciated. It's all about the mood and memories indeed. Can you smell the roasted chestnuts? I can. :)
But I have also never seen an array of roasted chestnuts delightfully arranged in rows, already 3/4 pealed and so ready to eat! That must be Turkey!

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Did I miss something?
Surely not.
The smell of roasting chestnuts should have woken me to the delights of Turkey’s streets.
There’s a crowd gathering, as I would expect, even in the chill of winter.
Perhaps along the span of the Galata Bridge
Thank you for waking me, Cem. It brought a few distant memories back to life.

Cem_Usakligil

Did I miss something?
Surely not.
The smell of roasting chestnuts should have woken me to the delights of Turkey’s streets.
There’s a crowd gathering, as I would expect, even in the chill of winter.
Perhaps along the span of the Galata Bridge
Thank you for waking me, Cem. It brought a few distant memories back to life.
Thanks mate! :)

Peter Dexter

There were street roasted Chestnut venders in New York City as I was growing up. I remember my father buying some for us in front of the Museum Of Natural History.

Asher Kelman

There were street roasted Chestnut venders in New York City as I was growing up. I remember my father buying some for us in front of the Museum Of Natural History.
But I bet, not carefully peeled for you and presented in neat rows, like handmade chocolates!

Asher