• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A useful + affordable system for multispectral photography

Dr Klaus Schmitt

I'm always getting asked about a useful and affordable system for multispectral photography,
well here it is one...

Attachments

• 20200214_143010091_wb_(c).jpg
    20200214_143010091_wb_(c).jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 203

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Klaus’s,

Your blog is educational and interesting.

Seems like I had misinterpreted the post as a package for sale.

Thanks!

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

There aint't such packages, it is (or was) "tailor made" to customer needs. Need one, we could work something out if you like... ;-)

Asher Kelman

I tend not to do this anymore though, costs too much time and effort to be worth it.
Besides I have clearly described all what is needed on my BLOG http://uvir.eu
I would recommend to all seeking to enter or improve their uv and infrared efforts in photography to follow Klaus’ link above.

It’s likely thet you already have one of the many recommended starting cameras, and then one needs to choose a modification, a lens and filter. Sometimes a helical focus too!

Don’t worry so much about lens mounts as there are inexpensive adapters For almost any match required. The limits for lens Choose is relative cost, manual v autofocus, presence or not of focus shift going from visible light and the retro focus distance of the camera mount which could be 16-20 Nm or more and choices increase as one goes to more modern Mirrorless cameras with the minimum depth of the sensor!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Klaus,

What lens had you chosen for the Olympus.

What if it were to be AF and for both UV and IR, would you still choose that camera. It would be incredible if the 150mm-300 mm MFT lens could be use with multispectral photography.

Also being able to use a setup handheld would be amazing!

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

One of the best "normal" lenses for UV - the older chrome/black EL-Nikkor 5.6/80mm lens,

Yes, but I was never an "AF" guy anyway, but considering, of course a UV-AF lens would be interesting to have, but modern lens coating technology works against that...