• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

collaboration Charlotte Thompson and Tatiana Sans

Jerome Marot

If I may voice a comment about the form of the video: I was a bit upset because, to me, the rhythm of the music does not feel in sync with the picture changes, or so I thought at first. But I checked, and you (or Tatiana) actually synchronized pictures and music. So why was my feeling different?

After further watching, I think the feeling comes from the transitions. You decided to fade to black between pictures. That is perfectly fine as such and there are probably plenty of reasons why you thought that the transitions between pictures should fade to black. But in doing so, you actually added another "picture": the black screen and the feeling is that there are twice as many pictures as there are musical phrases.

I am posting this because you and Tatiana probably see it differently as theses are your pictures. But maybe the intended public will be as disoriented as I was, so you may want to ask a few other people about their opinion or, maybe, present a version without the fades to black and simple cross dissolves.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
If I may voice a comment about the form of the video: I was a bit upset because, to me, the rhythm of the music does not feel in sync with the picture changes, or so I thought at first. But I checked, and you (or Tatiana) actually synchronized pictures and music. So why was my feeling different?

After further watching, I think the feeling comes from the transitions. You decided to fade to black between pictures. That is perfectly fine as such and there are probably plenty of reasons why you thought that the transitions between pictures should fade to black. But in doing so, you actually added another "picture": the black screen and the feeling is that there are twice as many pictures as there are musical phrases.

I am posting this because you and Tatiana probably see it differently as theses are your pictures. But maybe the intended public will be as disoriented as I was, so you may want to ask a few other people about their opinion or, maybe, present a version without the fades to black and simple cross dissolves.
I faded between being in and out of synch, but I didn’t know why.

Still I am intrigued and enticed by the collaborative work and the creativity of the piece.

I like the effort to try to create dimensions beyond single pictures where some of the ethereal aura of one image is brought over to influence perception of all that follow.

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Jerome I am sorry this collaborative effeort caused you so much confusion. Tatiana made the video before she did she asked me for some of my work and asked me to find some of her work I enjoyed. She brilliantly made the film. Many thers were made from other artists mostly awesome European artists .... I will agree this is a different vibe and that maybe some might not like but if anyone knows me they know I do not like conventional art so it works well for me. Peace.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jerome I am sorry this collaborative effeort caused you so much confusion. Tatiana made the video before she did she asked me for some of my work and asked me to find some of her work I enjoyed. She brilliantly made the film. Many thers were made from other artists mostly awesome European artists .... I will agree this is a different vibe and that maybe some might not like but if anyone knows me they know I do not like conventional art so it works well for me. Peace.
We love the work and it’s so great you shared.

BECAUSE it’s so impressive is why Jérôme listened to it over and over again to discove the bleach fades were disrupted thr perfect synchronization.

To me it demonstrates how worthy they collaboration is between you and Tatiana as Jérôme needs a strong motivation to react and invest his effort to respond at length. You are in the top 1% of posts here to generate such a profound interest from such a sharp mind!

I would take this as a sign of exceptional artistic quality that your work evoked such a dogged interest on his part.

I wish he noticed and reacted this on more of my pictures, but yours have an extra cachet of mystery and feelings.

My work in comparison is more often quite basic!

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Asher
Many thanks my friend and a lot of your work is not basic I have seen much more than you see for example I see your work as ..... expansions of the mind .. creative effort... passion
... challenges.. and above all eagerness to learn ,

Charlotte

Charlotte Thompson

Asher
omg You are so funny but may be right Halloween is just around the corner and I could blast out a huge spell!! I so respect your funny side

.Now humor like you have is not basic it is charming!..

Charlotte