• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Show us your best sunsets….

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Is “tomorrow” solely owned by the living?

EF46A570-FDC1-4DA5-9B9D-DF3BFC3B1D5C.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Sunset over Treeline”
9 Fuji GFX Images Stitched in Autopano Giga
Processed in Adobe Camera RAW

If so, we are only guaranteed 1/10 of a second, as death is always lurking that much away in a nuclear age!

Asher

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Wonderful image Asher.

How do you like your FujiFILM GFX? I've been doing a purchase study for it for the past week for a buddy of mine that I'm egging to buy one. ;)

Candaba Sunrise by Paolo Dolina, on Flickr
Superb romantic drama!

The GFX series are exceptional light but rugged. I have both the 50s and the 100s.

I use the 50s as back up but should sell it.

I am pleased with the endless detail and the fine Fuji lenses.

These are my standard camera even for walk around although I have a Canon 7D II for wildlife.

But I can use any canon lens with reasonable success in AF on the GFX bodies anyway.

Asher

Pao Dolina

Superb romantic drama!

The GFX series are exceptional light but rugged. I have both the 50s and the 100s.

I use the 50s as back up but should sell it.

I am pleased with the endless detail and the fine Fuji lenses.

These are my standard camera even for walk around although I have a Canon 7D II for wildlife.

But I can use any canon lens with reasonable success in AF on the GFX bodies anyway.

Asher
Asher,

Thank you for the praise!

I have a confession.

I have been reading up on the GFX for the past month.

On 11 Sep 2022 the FujiFILM Store on Lazada PH was offering the Fujifilm GFX 50S II + GF 35-70mm f/4.5-5.6 WR lens kit for the equivalent of $3,811.78 12% VAT inc. That's the price point of a US EOS R5 body without sales tax!

Bought separately the kit lens goes for $1,118.88 12% VAT inc. Body without kit lens would be $2,692.90. This is $200 more than a EOS R5 body without sales tax!

As part of the kit its value is only $559.44 12% VAT inc. Body without kit lens would be $3,252.34

FujiFILM US' summer price promo for the same kit SKU was $3,999.00 without sales tax.

It tickles my brain that a medium format camera body & lenses are priced like a full frame body & RF L lenses.

If I was married with children the GFX would be the system I'd be using to record them.

Asher Kelman

Asher,

Thank you for the praise!

I have a confession.

I have been reading up on the GFX for the past month.

On 11 Sep 2022 the FujiFILM Store on Lazada PH was offering the Fujifilm GFX 50S II + GF 35-70mm f/4.5-5.6 WR lens kit for the equivalent of $3,811.78 12% VAT inc. That's the price point of a US EOS R5 body without sales tax!

Bought separately the kit lens goes for $1,118.88 12% VAT inc. Body without kit lens would be $2,692.90. This is $200 more than a EOS R5 body without sales tax!

As part of the kit its value is only $559.44 12% VAT inc. Body without kit lens would be $3,252.34

FujiFILM US' summer price promo for the same kit SKU was $3,999.00 without sales tax.

It tickles my brain that a medium format camera body & lenses are priced like a full frame body & RF L lenses.

If I was married with children the GFX would be the system I'd be using to record them.
Fuji has a stellar record in making the finest lenses and MF cameras for 1/2 a century!

Hasselblad relied on their lenses!

They brilliantly skipped 35 mm format and I dread engineered a MF camera less than the et of many 35 mm DSLR’s and film cameras at 35mm body prices where Phase One and Hasselblad, using the same Sony sensors charged at least double or multiples of the Fuji price.

The already owned the image stabilization and AF technology from APS-C cameras so it was efficient to adapt this to the GFX series.

On a tripod, I can even combine frames to build 400MP images!!

Asher

Pao Dolina

The longer I learn about the Fuji GFX system the more I realize that it is mirrorless camera with dSLR physical dimension & weight with a 0.79x crop image sensor.

Lack of global & leaf shutter will not impress Hassleblad, Phase One and Leica MF users at all but it will attract Canon/Nikon/Sony FF users who want a larger than FF image sensor.

Price point's identical to R3, R5 & RF L lenses so it isn't that hard of a sell.

Another day at Red Beach by Paolo Dolina, on Flickr

Asher Kelman

4ACFEF09-D1AB-4723-8916-07904A949B71.jpeg

This is a “still” that has built in “life”.

We can experience the sun sinking very slowly and being covered by a translucent veil of clouds!

It’s a highly unusual picture and one that would be great for meditation and replacement for Xanax!

Asher