• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

2nd helicopter shots with the Sinar Hy6 and the Sinarback eMotion 75 LV

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
The Waterer Watered or The Sprinkler Sprinkled!

While I was shooting a sail boat in the Saint-Tropez area last Wedenesday, a friend of mine did pass by… :

Sinar Hy6 and Sinarback eMotion 75 LV… ISO 200 - ƒ 13 (if I remember well) - 1/60s (lucky!) - Schneider AFD-Xenotar PQS 2.8/80 mm lens

203D89F2_C1-4.jpg

100% crop:

203D89F2_C1-4_crop.jpg

Am waiing for the picture he took!

Last edited:
You guys suck!... LOL ;)

Asher, you have to make a closed forum where they can show themselves their pictures, I am getting sick looking at this *&$!())! BRILLIANT quality.... arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

;)

P.S.

Nicolas, I think I will not nessecarily have access to a Jetranger, Robinson or the likes, rather heavy searescue version, well, better than a kite I guess. Really look forward to that! :)

nicolas claris

You guys suck!... LOL ;)

Asher, you have to make a closed forum where they can show themselves their pictures, I am getting sick looking at this *&$!())! BRILLIANT quality.... arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

;)

P.S.

Nicolas, I think I will not nessecarily have access to a Jetranger, Robinson or the likes, rather heavy searescue version, well, better than a kite I guess. Really look forward to that! :)

One can see you don't know who's that guy ! LoL!!!

With a rescue heli, you better be smooth mounted! and bring your bet IS! Good pilots but shaky machines…

You know.... I am not jeleaous on your Sinar.... I am telling that myself EVERY DAY!

I am not jeleaous at all you know.... no no...

%$£"!

OK YOU GOT ME! I AM JELEAOUS AS HELL!!!!!!
3d-silly.gif

All those boring pictures from Sheik Yallayalla from Dubudaba on his 50million dollar Jacht, farting Oysters and guzzling Veuve.

This is a waste of this fine camera when it could produce the most stunning irish landscapes in my artistic hands instead of being bored from shooting one boat after the other, while you scare the living daylight out of her when you dangle her 100 feet above the water with your St.Emillion hangover. LOLOLOL ;)

Nope! She is in good hands in deed! :) But.... DONT you let her go.... EVER, this is like the woman of your dreams, and now that you started to shoot with her, now she is your fiancee, give her THE RING! ;)

Lorenz Koch

well - after this "subtle" nudge it looks like i really have to make a coming out here on opf. :D

so here goes: hello fellow opf members!
i am lorenz koch, a swiss bloke who is an amateur photo enthusiast in his spare time.
you can see my humble work here: http://www.loko.ch
loko is my nickname by the way. i got it back in kindergarden from one of my older sister's friends and it stuck.

during working time i am the pr and communications manager of sinar. hence the connection to nicolas, asher and thierry.
however i have decided not to use this account in this official function. So please don't fill my inbox with sinar related questions. on one hand i am travelling a lot so i don't often have time to check back here. and on the other hand everything i know is being published on http://www.sinarcameras.com anyways.

so i would feel most comfortable if you could welcome me as one of your own - another crazy with a soft spot for photography.

after this lengthy introduction you have deserved to view the mirror image of nicolas' shot above.
be gentle... i did let nicolas have the favorable lighting condition and had to fiddle quite a bit to make this picture look half decent:
Nicolas-hy6-helikopter.jpg

cheers
loko

Michael Fontana

pro member
Gruezi Lorenz....

thanks for that shot: look good!
it looks like its easier to shoot from a boat than a chopper - apart from the light conditions.

Nicolas, the Robinson, it's still the one without the rear rotor, therefore it has to be moving all the time?

Cem_Usakligil

... however i have decided not to use this account in this official function. So please don't fill my inbox with sinar related questions. on one hand i am travelling a lot so i don't often have time to check back here. and on the other hand everything i know is being published on http://www.sinarcameras.com anyways.

so i would feel most comfortable if you could welcome me as one of your own - another crazy with a soft spot for photography.
Hi Lorenz,

Welcome to OPF :). You can be 100% sure that I, for one, won't bother you with any questions re. Sinar (LOL, I wonder why? <grin>). I will, however, enjoy seeing some of your personal photography work and have some "one crazy person to another crazy person" kind of chats with you here in the future.

Cheers,

Cem

nicolas claris

Thanks Loko!

Welcome aboard, promised I won't bother you with questions, after all, Thierry's there most of the time…

it's nice to see how we look from outside, but now we have a problem with Marine, my wife and Romain's Mom BTW, she's now scared!

And thanks for the light!

nicolas claris

Nicolas, the Robinson, it's still the one without the rear rotor, therefore it has to be moving all the time?

No problem for stationary "flight" but in fact we don't use that often as our subject, contrary to buildings do move! So we have "relatively" stationery flights…

Cem_Usakligil

...it's nice to see how we look from outside, but now we have a problem with Marine, my wife and Romain's Mom BTW, she's now scared!
Oh c'mon Nicolas! She surely must have known that you boldly go where no photographer has gone before! LOLOLOL

Cheers mon ami,

Cem
(who will be running, ducking and hiding for the next few years)

nicolas claris

Now, the real goal… (sorry Loko!)

The Bordeaux 60…

Seen from the sky, while tacking (turning) in the sun light (difficult light too, Loko ;-)

Sinar Hy6 and Sinarback eMotion 75 LV… ISO 200 - ƒ 14 - 1/160s - Schneider AFD-Xenotar PQS 2.8/80 mm lens…

203D9906.jpg

100% crop:

203D9906_crop.jpg

i am lorenz koch, a swiss bloke who is an amateur photo enthusiast in his spare time.
you can see my humble work here: http://www.loko.ch
loko is my nickname by the way. i got it back in kindergarden from one of my older sister's friends and it stuck.

Kewl... A BIG welcome Loko! Most people around know me as "Bear", (short for laughing bear) I spare you the Alahti (Cherokee) Version. Comes from my time where I was living in the USA.

Good to have you here!

nicolas claris

The Bordeaux 60…

Still from chopper, after tacking

Sinar Hy6 and Sinarback eMotion 75 LV… ISO 200 - Schneider AFD-Xenotar PQS 2.8/80 mm lens…

203DA512.jpg

100% crop:

203DA512_crop.jpg

Lorenz Koch

thank you cem, bear and nicolas for the warm welcome.

here's another shot that puts the beautiful 60 foot yacht in context to the helicopter.
as to why nicolas needs the helicopter for this shot remains a secret though.. he'd have had the same perspective from the powerboat *grin
the chopper pilot was very daring by the way...

Nicolas-helikopter.jpg

nicolas claris

as to why nicolas needs the helicopter for this shot remains a secret though.. he'd have had the same perspective from the powerboat *grin

Because a helicopter makes neither wake, nor waves… and that it places me very precisely where I wish (well, most of the times ;-)…

Yup!

Thats a very kewl shot, without the heli or another point of reference I find it difficult to appreciate the grandiousity of the yachts shown!

If I see that right, the yacht is moving towards the heli, some stunt in deed!

nicolas claris

helicopter makes neither wake, nor waves
Like this:

From chase boat.

Sinar Hy6 and Sinarback eMotion 75 LV… ISO 200 - ƒ 11 - 1/500s - Schneider AFD-Xenotar PQS 2.8/80 mm lens

203CAAD0.jpg

100% crop:

203CAAD0_crop.jpg

nicolas claris

... give Nicolas a 45° prism finder!

And you Lorenz, use a longer lens, to keep the horizon as it should be!

EDITED for addition: but take care, not too long, we don't want to get you out of the boat!

:)

Good advises Thierry!

But Loko/Lorenz came with a nice surprise for me… a rotating accessory for the back! that's very neat and absolutely necessary !