• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

An extraordinary gift!

Today, I received the most beautiful and extraordinary gift from an exceptional and talented sculptor from our region. His name is Jacques Pelletier.

Tiny bit of history. Last winter, I did a photo shoot for him at the exhibition hall in our town where he was showing his latest works. We went on a day that it was closed and were able to set up light, umbrellas etc., to do the shoot. After the shoot, I had been invited to join him and his friends at their weekly Wednesday morning gathering at a local coffee shop. It was wonderful. Everyone was very nice and kind and accepted me very easily.

Since then, as some of you know, I've worked for him conceptualizing and realizing 4 books of his sculptures as well as a couple videos. He has been pleasure to work with as he is such a wonderful and kind soul and I've been very impressed by his incredible work.

So last week, as many of you know, it was my birthday. I knew that on Wednesday, there would probably be cake, as we celebrate everyone's birthday this way. I was not however expecting this extraordinary gift.

It is very difficult for me to explain to you how touched I am and how beautiful this piece is. I am honored to own it. It is just so fabulous and special. It is called l'Envolée (The Soaring). It is more extraordinary than I can say.

If you have not already, or if you want to see his work again, please visit this short video which shows you his latest exposition:
I did this video of his works of images I took, and my son wrote the music.

I see people have viewed this forum and perhaps they do not like the piece, but I, am enthralled. I just wanted to share it with you all.

Jerome Marot

I see people have viewed this forum and perhaps they do not like the piece, but I, am enthralled. I just wanted to share it with you all.

The piece is wonderful and the pictures you made of it are also very nice. But sometimes I check the forum when I don't have the time to post.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Maggie,

What an extraordinary piece, and a wonderful gift. Thanks for the great photos of the work.

Best regards,

Doug

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Fascinating is the right word I've read here…
Although it is my 1st visit of this thread, I understand you very well, it happens most of the time to my own threads, this one of the reasons for me to be lazy here and post only a few… :(
Aussi j'ai décidé et déjà expliqué que je ne posterai plus qu'en français en invitant tous les non angliciste à faire de même et que chacun me répondre dans la langue de son choix…
Cela n'auggmente pas le nombre de réponses à mes posts! LoL!
Amitiés