• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

At the market

Antonio Correia

This is one of the photo I will be including in a larger collection representing the travel to India in 2016.
The collection will be varied and through it we will be able to get a perception of the India we have been to for a couple of days. Most probably I will have a book made in Blurb to "domestic consumption" :)
Now that I go over many photos I regret not having registered the place even sometimes a map was available.
It is very boring to select the best photos...
I do not care if this one has noise or not. It is the situation which interests me the most

i-mm7vXMd-X4.jpg

Robert Watcher

This is one of the photo I will be including in a larger collection representing the travel to India in 2016.
The collection will be varied and through it we will be able to get a perception of the India we have been to for a couple of days. Most probably I will have a book made in Blurb to "domestic consumption" :)
Now that I go over many photos I regret not having registered the place even sometimes a map was available.
It is very boring to select the best photos...
I do not care if this one has noise or not. It is the situation which interests me the most

i-mm7vXMd-X4.jpg

the photo is dynamic and tells a story. I love it

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
OMG, Antonio!
“You don’t care about image noise?”

I never care about noise except in sound in a movie. Pictures can be noisy, out of focus, distorted and with odd colors. We can deal with that. Our brains quickly recalibrate these values to the new image universe as “normal”.

However, in a movie theater, a crackling sound, clicks or worse a hiss/buzz and the movie theater will empty in minutes!

Asher

Asher Kelman

The angles of the meet arrangement contrasts with the hands in the foreground!

852EA5FB-597B-4D7C-BAF0-EEDFF0F4B4FD.jpeg

Is that money on the right or a magazine?

what could the neat be? Do they sell beef in a Hindu country?

Asher

Antonio Correia

Thank you Robert for your comment.
And thank you to Asher for the extensive comment.
Yes Asher it is money, real one and they are selling chicken or turkey meat.
I had many many shots of this marked. Some were simply trashed while some were taken to "treatment" LOL
These days I back up my main external drive where I have all my stuff, to another one automatically. So, if I erase and run the backup the shots are gone forever.

Spices shop
i-csWdNjS-X4.jpg

Asher Kelman

Very colorful Lots of small producers perhaps! The distribution of many different products is simple: the plastic bag!

This indicates an economical hub where produce from many sources is cheaply packaged with not labels or boxes.

Or perhaps, he buys them from a wholesaler in sacks and hr himself breaks them down to small portions for sale?

Asher

Antonio Correia

The plastic materials in general, GMs as well as nuclear power plants, are threats to the existence of Human kind on the planet. Growing is limited.

i-TGWPRdQ-X4.jpg

Asher Kelman

So are local varieties, cultivated for 10,000 years, at risk of being swamped out by new big AGro variants?

Israel is finding and regrowing a thousand native wheat variants recovered from all over and now baking bread for taste testing and nutrient analysis!

Asher