• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Creating art from nothing

Tom dinning

Registrant*
The wall is blank.

“We need some art here”

“We’ll make some”

So much from so little.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Did you?

It was already pretty artistic before the blue mark/“guitar” perhaps!

Perhaps “better art” would be more fitting?

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

I do not think art is created from nothing...all creation starts from a spark.. thought;; you created the thought.. Creating art from nothing... is it?

Charlotte

Asher Kelman

Perhaps all Art is “Found Art”. Like discovering a a sea worn sun-bleached branch, ideas that are tossed around in the recesses of our mind get washed ashore too and get “noticed”.

It’s when we perceive such forms as “Remarkable” and worth conserving in some way, that the process of “Creating Art”, (apparently from “Nothing”), seems to begin!

But what washes ashore into importance is not “Nothing”! It has already been filtered by myriads of unknown past forces before it appeared!

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

When you think of creating you have thought...yes visual as your sun bleached branch The your thought is made into a visual image as thought and then created either genre you create with.I cannot reconcile creating art from nothing. If you see something or not see it it cannot be formed as nothing. It speaks and has language which the human mind can visualize into an art... Art is expression of self and self is not Nothing it has form and greatness.
Charlotte

Asher Kelman

When you think of creating you have thought...yes visual as your sun bleached branch The your thought is made into a visual image as thought and then created either genre you create with.I cannot reconcile creating art from nothing. If you see something or not see it it cannot be formed as nothing. It speaks and has language which the human mind can visualize into an art... Art is expression of self and self is not Nothing it has form and greatness.
Charlotte
Exactly!

The “thought that washes ashore to our consciousness” to need to be expressed in physical form is “something” not “nothing”, even before a physical version is made by the composer, painter or other creative!!

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Charlotte

I am one of your greatest fans, Charlotte.
You express yourself beautifully, even hen the image is less beautiful in the classical or romantic manner.
I would also say it is individual, in as much as I have not seen imagery quite like it before.

As unimportant as all that might seem he importance of individuality is paramount for me.
This is what I mean by “nothing”.
It’s more of an observation from an observer.
I don’t understand the mental processes that conjure such artistic delicacies as you produce. I don’t need to. I’m reassurance is that they were produced by you, seemingly, from nothing.
‘Seemingly’ is the key word.
I’m not looking into the how’s and wherefores of the artist; just the final product.

This may be contrary to any conventional thinking but, hey, who’d be conventional for quids?

“Think different; do different. Bend to no rule, question everything, admit to nothing.”
From a letter found in a bottle off the coast of SA in 1947.

Charlotte Thompson

Tom

the individual human is formed by thought.. each one of us are indeed an individual, Being that individual in all arts is paramount it is honest because it only cares for its passion of its on art which should be honest and non caring as to rules. It is what captures each person and that person may like or dislike our work but we never care so much because artist know that it really does not mater " liked or not" Your passion in art belongs to you and you love to express in your self what you see and feel and that is foremost! I have known fantastic European digital artist that would blow your mind. My work when I started was clumsy and ineffectual and their inspirational work kept me going like many many years! I finally after all the work and my own passion bumped into it! The fantastic Jaya Suberg was my inspiration She had her own voice in her work and that really inspired me to keep going. I think Just Have Fun and dont sweat the small stuff as they say! Thanks for the remarkable chat. Good you are a fan that is a blessing I hope ?

Charlotte