• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Diary #Stayhome #COVIDー19 #Restecheztoi

Robert Watcher

Confinement samedi 25 avril 2020
#Restecheztoi, #Stayhome, #COVIDー19, #mercilessoignants, #gestebarrière, #staysafe, #followtherules
Album updated every day with a confined photo until the end of the confinement!

Nicolas Claris: “Light!”

I’ve been checking in on your daily postings. It’s tough to comment on such found images and the disconnect in content from one day to the next. For me, it’s just more interesting to see what you have come up with —- if you were able to LOL.

But it is a fun type of project to commit to over a period of time, and a good practice for anyone interested in photography to engage in when it appears there is nothing to photograph (writers block reasoning). This series should be a good primer for newer or less experienced photographers as well.

I do like this image - I think the vertical line cutting through the center adds a visual appeal as well as the splash of colour in the bottom corner.

Last edited:

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
I’ve been checking in on your daily postings. It’s tough to comment on such found images and the disconnect in content from one day to the next. For me, it’s just more interesting to see what you have come up with —- if you were able to LOL.

But it is a fun type of project to commit to over a period of time, and a good practice for anyone interested in photography to engage in when it appears there is nothing to photograph (writers block reasoning). This series should be a good primer for newer or less experienced photographers as well.

I do like this image - I think the vertical line cutting through the center adds a visual appeal as well as the splash of colour in the bottom corner.
Thank you Robert for your kind comments!
This exercise is a real challenge! There are a lot more images shot (with loads of variations) I shoot them almost daily but feel comfortable to have a few in advance, just in case ;)
In fact there is a really series if we combine all: doors, windows, switches, wall surfaces, darkness/blacks, strange shadows, books, plants etc…)
They are posted here in order of my day spirit :) not as a specific series…

FYI the latter post is a simple 2 doors of a cabinet being glossy (with an orange peel effect) the color spot is the reflect of the oak wooden floor hit by a sun ray…
Oh, and the doors are white :)

nicolas claris

dimanche 26 avril 2020
#Restecheztoi, #Stayhome, #COVIDー19, #mercilessoignants, #gestebarrière, #staysafe, #followtherules

35_NCZ5143_web.jpg

Sur le toit - On the roof

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

This is so stark and striking. Very lean and masculine!

74D421B7-45BB-4FDF-B5B8-BF1095A04E17.jpeg

Nicolas Claris: “Light!”

Some very confidant fellow like a bullfighter, conductor of an orchestra or the youngest admiral addressing the officers on of his flagship!

I apologize for being so slow, but days are merging, as I take naps in the afternoon and time seems to slip away!

Asher

Peter Dexter

Continuing to enjoy them especially the most abstract. You might post the vertical format images a bit smaller as I can't see the whole image at once and I have a large screen.

nicolas claris

Continuing to enjoy them especially the most abstract. You might post the vertical format images a bit smaller as I can't see the whole image at once and I have a large screen.
Bonjour Peter,
Thanks for the kind words ;)
Regarding the size of image, I agree, there's a strange behavior of Xenforo with responsiveness, I should take time to investigate…
You will have certainly a much better experience for viewing in a well built gallery on my website:
Take care :)

Asher Kelman

CAB302BA-4419-4AEA-A3F9-EDD52E505516.jpeg

This moved me and my heart turned upside down! But why?

It’s so counterintuitive that this could stir feelings!

There must be a black cat with magic spells behind it!

I don’t understand it’s lower but I should make something like that in steel!

Asher

nicolas claris

This moved me and my heart turned upside down! But why?

It’s so counterintuitive that this could stir feelings!

There must be a black cat with magic spells behind it!

I don’t understand it’s lower but I should make something like that in steel!

Asher
The power of angles and duality of colors maybe… or would it be because of the questioning about being a convex or concave perception?
No room for a black cat there;)
I'd like to see a replica sculpture... !

Asher Kelman

Nicolas,

An anthropomorphic but feline abstraction. Superb!

That ghostly black cat is musing, but don’t fear. It’s a mirage!

Asher

B8C22417-0F13-479A-BC2A-0B3F859DA89D.jpeg

Nicolas Claris: Bouteille (détail) - Bottle (detail)

Asher Kelman

This is immediately interesting for a centrally places round vegetable with an unusual color and skin.

CC493FEB-5E07-456F-B78E-7B28D00B2A78.jpeg

Nicolas Claris: “Trois-Three”

Either naturally or by design, Nicolas, this giant tomato variety has the shape of a “Beef Stake”” North American variety but the metallic cyanotic color of a red onion!

The special feature of these tomatoe varieties is that they are “indeterminate”, meaning they keep growing and producing tomatoes throughout the season. Growing as a vine, nothing stops them making a perfect garden plant, that “gives and gives” and so is popular for the home. It has an unusually large size, perfect for slicing and a subtle tangy sweet flavor, ideal for sandwiches and salads, France popular with red onion...... sometimes!

But as art, as a photograph, for me, at least, most decisively, its the lighting that makes the image so arresting: a reflection in the foreground and a shadow cast above, making the threesome!

Well done!

Asher

nicolas claris

[/QUOTE]
a reflection in the foreground and a shadow cast above, making the threesome!
Hence the caption! ;)
For some years now, for a change, farmers have been producing and offering vegetables that have not been cultivated for a long time....
I believe this one is called the Crimean black tomato...

Asher Kelman

Hence the caption! ;)
For some years now, for a change, farmers have been producing and offering vegetables that have not been cultivated for a long time....
I believe this one is called the Crimean black tomato...
[/QUOTE]
The Soviets, supporting Lysenko, cultivated hybrids of tomatoes and potatoes to fit in their Melangez tous! Policy, and ended up with fewer potatoes and poor tomatoes.

Modern commercial tomatoes are bred, by contrast for huge yields and being able to withstand being piled 3 meters high in long distance trucks without crushing! However the taste is almost gone.

Israelis have genetically put back sweetness, LOL, but nothing matches these vibe grown larger and uglier varieties that cannot be stacked in giant bins, but taste divine!

Try growing these on your sunny roof. You will be amazed as you will get continuous crops until October/November!

Asher