• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Four Days of Fog and Frost

The Midwest has had some interesting weather these past few days. It started with some sloppy wet snow, followed by freezing rain, then a whole lot of widespread dense freezing fog.

The combination is a painter/photographer's dream. When it continues for as long as this has, it becomes a little too much of a good thing. Driving a vehicle in the early morning can be dicey too. Dense fog will turn into dents fog in the blink of an eye if your attention wanders.

This is a local creek photographed this cloudy morning with two merged frames from a 90mm tilt shift lens, shifted horizontally with camera body in landscape orientation.

original.jpg

Kingsbury Creek​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Tom,

An inviting river scene. Again it presents a journey. I find it fascinating and an excellent choice for a wall in a living room, library or den.

I am thrilled to enjoy the fruits of your skilled landscape work.

I only have the 24 mm T/S and appreciate the quality of the Canon optics. The 90mm gives more compression.

I am so used to using Autopano Giga for far landscapes that I rarely use the T/S lens but I see I should reconsider.

Asher

Thank you Asher, there are many ways to skin the pano cat. Lens shifting is mine, but I've got a brother who gets great results with a tripod mounted pano head.