• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

IR of my farm

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
..and by “Attach Files” button below a fresh dialog box:

Voila!

That easy 🐝🐝🐝

And fresh! I see hay in the b.g. Where are the animals?

Is it too cold for them in the fields? I have only worked on a farm during the summer and at harvest time. Never thought about this scene!

Asher

Kevin Pinkerton

You caught me... the animals were not in this photo at the time. We have about 6 different pastures that we rotate them thru. They stay in a pasture for several days and then we move them to another one. :)

Kevin Pinkerton

Well, first let me say that I think the infrared image has fooled you! That is actually grass and tree leaves. It was taken during the warm season. This image was taken in late spring/early summer here.

But when we do get snow, they do not like it much and they usually hand around up near the barns and eat round bales of hay we have put out for them to eat when they cannot get to the pasture. We do not get much snow here and when it does snow, it usually melts within a week. I often wonder how their hooves stay warm in the winter and in the snow, but they have good blood flow down there apparently as I have never seen any problems from the cold.