• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Iron sculpture

Antonio Correia

Iron sculpture in Setúbal, Portugal.
A too empty roundabout, I think but I like this work

i-mvBq4dg-X2.jpg

Antonio Correia

No. This is called the Square of Independence.
Perhaps the light is too harsh and the composition fails... better in this one

i-bZhdK7D-X2.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Antonio,

The sculpture is now even more intriguing! Do you have a name for the Artist?

Does “Square” refer to the sculpture or where it is situated?

The term “Square” generally refers to a public gathering place, (the town square), where citizens gather.

It usually is covered in stone.

A good place for a Christian “Passion” play, (by a traveling acting troupe in medieval times), farmer’s market, a public execution or a political rally!

Asher

Antonio Correia

Asher, I do not know who the artist is but the sculpture is in the middle of a roundabout.
I had to cross the road among cars to get the green area where I took the photo from.
Perhaps I have done a bad translation of the square...

Antonio Correia

I like the bend of the iron like if it was flowing under the wind.
I hope to shoot it again tomorrow if I have got the time to
Thank you for commenting Will ! :)

Antonio Correia

Bellow, the sculpture in the middle of the round about and some details.
The other day I went to this place but it was too late and the sun was too low. The buildings were casting some shadows on the roundabout and also on the sculpture.
Today, I had to go a nearby office and made my way to the sculpture, I walked to it's center and shot from the ground level. 24mm shots

i-JqnQg7f-XL.jpg

i-zsbNXtP-XL.jpg

i-wcj3W2q-XL.jpg

Doug Kerr

Hi, Antonio,

Bellow, the sculpture in the middle of the round about and some details.
The other day I went to this place but it was too late and the sun was too low. The buildings were casting some shadows on the roundabout and also on the sculpture.
Today, I had to go a nearby office and made my way to the sculpture, I walked to it's center and shot from the ground level. 24mm shots

i-wcj3W2q-XL.jpg

Great shots!

I hope that where it seems that the fingers lay one upon the other, if they do, that they are welded together there. Otherwise it might make a great squawk in the wind!

Best regards,

Doug

Bit of Googling and we get information:

2016, large sculptural work was installed on the Monte Belo Roundabout located on Avenida Alvaro Cunhal.

“Zephyr”, the name of the work of art, symbolizes, according to Greek mythology, the west wind. The sculpture, with various iron elements, is by the sculptor Sérgio Vicente.

The sculptural piece is donated to the city by the Buehler-Brockhaus Foundation, an institution that finances, with an amount up to 10,000 euros, the necessary operations for the installation of the work on site.