• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

LAST DAY OF FREEDOM

Robert Watcher

LAST DAY OF FREEDOM

A few short weeks ago, Anne and I were having fun in the interior mountains of El Salvador. As we headed home down the mountain road, I grabbed this shot through the front windshield while sitting in the back of the car. The 3 hours drive included a beautiful sunset.

When we arrived home late in the day, Anne and I found out that strong measures were being put in place overnight, in hopes that the country could handle the situation as far as overwhelming the health system as well as economically. This Photo ended up being the day before the country was locked down, and self-isolation was mandated.

We were locked in our small home in 41 degree temperatures (no air conditioning), for three days until we managed to get an early morning flight out. After arriving in Canada, friends in El Salvador informed us that our flight was the last one to leave before the airport was shut down and no more flights would be allowed in or out regardless of nationality.

This photo is special to me, as it is the last frame I took in Central America - and will be the last one for some time. Strange after a bit over 12 years of life in Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Guatemala and El Salvador. We started our journey in February 2008.

91D720E8-6FB1-4380-B207-66BE187EE755.jpeg

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Robert and Anne,

I salute you both for a 12 year epic journey of enquirer, friendship and love!

This picture is also special to me!

3167A19B-D444-4EE8-A764-D97F6753A063.jpeg

This is a fine picture and memorable!

Asher