• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My photo of the week

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
20 000 to 30 000 US$ + 10% tip for the crew.
I doubt you'll find one in Bermuda… But in the Caribbean in Winter or in the Med in Summer
That’s pretty reasonable if it can sleep 6-8 people!

Just need a pirate flag and some grappling hooks and we could pay for it easily!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
My photo(s) of the week #6

Let's talk before dinner! (in the bay of Cannes - Côte d'Azur)
Onboard Earlybird, a 77 feet sailing catamaran

Interior_NCF6861_web.jpg

Interior_NCF6897_web.jpg

Asher Kelman

Nicolas,

The design and delivery of these yachts is so perfect. I guess the seats are real leather!

So such yachts hold their value?

For me, ideally o would have one on a a lobster island off Maine!

Asher

nicolas claris

Look at Romain's film to show to the brokers how we do showcase yachts for charter (do not forget the sound track, pump-up the volume!):

Film, editing, soundtrack Romain Claris
Voice over text:Nicolas Claris​

nicolas claris

Nicolas,

The design and delivery of these yachts is so perfect. I guess the seats are real leather!

So such yachts hold their value?

For me, ideally o would have one on a a lobster island off Maine!

Asher
Seats are rarely in leather on boats has leather does not like salt from sew water.

I have never seen a yacht that retains its value... Like cars, they lose their value as soon as they are bought.

Lobsters? After a week, you get tired of them!
You'd better go to a restaurant once in a while, in Maine if you want...

In the meantime, you can have a look at Romain's video that I posted above earlier this week.

Asher Kelman

Could it really be your voice Nicolas? The accent sound almost Aussie!

But what about a chef? Surely the Captain cannot cook like we see in this fab movie?

For a rental, I’d think that an accompanying helicopter would be essential! Can it land on any of your yachts!

I am relying on you getting me a discount total package! Perhaps we need to rent one sail boat and a motor yacht for the staff!

Asher

Asher Kelman

20 000 to 30 000 US$ + 10% tip for the crew.
I doubt you'll find one in Bermuda… But in the Caribbean in Winter or in the Med in Summer
I need to rent a house in Beverly Hills for a few months. It’s $6000 to $80,000 a night!

A suite in the Penninsula hotel with a tiny kitchenette is $2700 but breakfast is included and laundry is 50% discount!

That’s considered a bargain!

So for folk in that class, these yachts are a steal!

I could try to sneak on board as a medical officer!

Asher

nicolas claris

Could it really be your voice Nicolas? The accent sound almost Aussie!

But what about a chef? Surely the Captain cannot cook like we see in this fab movie?

For a rental, I’d think that an accompanying helicopter would be essential! Can it land on any of your yachts!

I am relying on you getting me a discount total package! Perhaps we need to rent one sail boat and a motor yacht for the staff!

Asher
LoL! Not my voice but I wrote the text!

No helicopters can land on a sailboat (there is a mast and many cables in the air!)

But a hydroplane can, we did this during a photoshoot, we had quite a lot of fun!

_NCZ7620.jpg

nicolas claris

Well, I see that my photos succeed the initial intention: to give desire to use the "product" that I was asked and paid to promote by the image.
Capturing strong emotions to make people want to use that "product".
Even here in a forum dedicated to photography, in this thread we don't talk about the photo itself but about what it shows. Fabulous!

Asher Kelman

Nicolas,

Exactly, your pictures jump straight to inviting us to be involved in the splendor, fun and joy!

We’re so seduced that compositions and techniques are generally invisible, overlooked or of no consequence!

Asher

Asher Kelman

The red sleeping bag is significant as is the home in the right bg.

Would love to have a narrative of this of this place. Recorded heartbeats are obscure self-agrandizements of “librarians posing as artists”!

But there’s a lot of interesting life going on in this unique beach I would love to hear!

Asher

nicolas claris

Asher, this is not a sleeping bag but the coat of the person walking along the seashore… As if she were needing to feel more light and free.
I do like it as it balances well the framing (otherwise I would have pulled it away or changed the framing).
The little house at the end of the beach is where the "Archives du cœur" is placed.
I though you were an open minded man… I cannot understand, from you : "Recorded heartbeats are obscure self-agrandizements of “librarians posing as artists” .
You should have tried there, as it is not only heart beats recording, but there is a stunning dark room with lights beating with the same rythm as your heartbeat (or from someone else recorded that you can choose). It is a very emotional moment. An unforgettable experience if you ask me…
I'm fine being considred as a librarian :)

Asher Kelman

Asher, this is not a sleeping bag but the coat of the person walking along the seashore… As if she were needing to feel more light and free.
I do like it as it balances well the framing (otherwise I would have pulled it away or changed the framing).

Thanks Nicolas for the extra explanation. It’s powerful and impressive!

it seemed far more important than a collection of recorded heartbeats. As a physician I have carefully listened to the hearts of live persons waiting for my judgement and report to every nuance I might recognize and pattern I might interpret.

Asher

Asher Kelman

“librarians posing as artists”
You should have tried there, as it is not only heart beats recording, but there is a stunning dark room with lights beating with the same rhythm as your heartbeat (or from someone else recorded that you can choose). It is a very emotional moment. An unforgettable experience if you ask me…
I'm fine being considred as a librarian :)
So from the simplified description of “recorded heartbeats” in the link, there was no indication of space, mystery and wonder as in your own added description which indeed captures something expansive and wonderful!

Things don’t necessarily speak for themselves. This unique and exceptional sound & Light atmospheric and spiritual art you experienced DESERVES and demands your added introduction, at a minimum!

Asher Kelman

In order to have the amazing experience you had one has to either read your subsequent and moving description, which woke me up, or to actually be there!

Otherwise, just “recordings of heartbeats”, to me at least, as a description, lacks any magic, intrigue and emotional interest!

One has to be fair to the artist and make an introduction that evokes emotion!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Well, well, well, I'm not wikipedia, I thought that anyone curious would have made researches on the web!
But then your description, when it arrived, was so exciting, inspiring and apt!

Thanks!

I am now inspired by your decription to consider space & speech for interactive sculpture!

Asher

The yacht images are wonderful and make me jealous. Weather here has been on a cycle of extremely cold to almost raining. Yesterday morning was -31C felt like -40C, Today -3C, tomorrow will be back down. I can't wait for nice weather. As for the latest image, probably during your "red" period. So beautiful! :) Maggie