• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My photo of the week

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
The yacht images are wonderful and make me jealous. Weather here has been on a cycle of extremely cold to almost raining. Yesterday morning was -31C felt like -40C, Today -3C, tomorrow will be back down. I can't wait for nice weather. As for the latest image, probably during your "red" period. So beautiful! :) Maggie
Bonjour Maggie ;)
Thank you so much for stopping by and comment :) :) :)
Minus 31C is way too cold for me! I would stay in my bed with tons of blankets and a beautiful fire in the fireplace…
The latest photo is a photo of a photo hung in my place. Yes it is from "Un peu de rouge pourtant" series. The additional effect with books on shelves is because of the reflection of the other side of the room seen on a large window. The rest (red glass flowers lamp) is decor in the room.

nicolas claris

My photo(s) of the week #10

The Burghers of Calais (detail) by Rodin (Kunstmuseum, Basel)
The inner courtyard of the main building exhibits "The Burghers of Calais", the bronze statuary group by Auguste Rodin (the first one was inaugurated in 1895, there are eleven other bronze copies in the world)

_NCL1139.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Exquisitely unique photograph of Rodin’s signature work.

Of course the anatomical representation and strength of emotion radiating from those muscles is awesome.

But who’s have thought to capture a spider web waiting to trap an insect tourist visiting!

Asher

nicolas claris

Exquisitely unique photograph of Rodin’s signature work.

Of course the anatomical representation and strength of emotion radiating from those muscles is awesome.

But who’s have thought to capture a spider web waiting to trap an insect tourist visiting!
Thank you Asher for commenting!
But guess what… The spider was there before me! ;)

Asher Kelman

Glad you used a slow shutter. I like the blurred motion of their hands! So expressive, Nicolas!

Amazing detailed effort in sorting. I have watched several California wineries where masses of grapes are dumped into a hopper for crushing!

Asher Kelman

At last I found her! I think she needs some hot soup and a hug! Just a quick grab with Snapseed on my phone. I can only imagine how fabulous she is directly from your camera blown up!

71C02864-EAFB-4DE6-845B-DA557B2F91ED.jpeg

Fabulous high cheek bones!

What an elegant model! Is she French?

Asher

Asher Kelman

Extraordinary woman!

Enjoying the wind and the warm sunshine!

What a striking pose, perfect for your yacht!

nicolas claris

My photo(s) of the week #13

The superb Chloé Guêze, leader of the Cie Romano Dji, dancing a Gypsy Fantasy a week ago on a choreography by Petia Iourtchenko, Salle de spectacle L'Ekla near Bordeaux...

chloe.jpeg

nicolas claris

My photo(s) of the week #14

The launching of a brand new 86 feet long power yacht, shot last Tuesday in Arcachon:

Couach_26m_ 49_C1.jpg

Asher Kelman

What a glorious vessel. I love this grand vessel. This thr finest bow I have ever seen.

The color is beyond royal or theglory of cardinals of the Church!

Asher

nicolas claris

It is the hull of a future series made of biosourced epoxy resin, 40% of which comes from vegetable carbon.

nicolas claris

My photo(s) of the week #15

Covid, trucks, Ukraine, wars... These days are painful...
For a short time I propose you some moments of peace, of tranquility, to forget all the reasons to stress and to relax a little.
We will have time, a few minutes later, to start again to be citizens of the world...

nuage_NCF3380_C1.jpeg

Jim Olson

I very much liked the reflection & I did a few shots like that today with my cat sitting in front of our window & you can see my reflection in the image

nicolas claris

My photo(s) of the week #15

Covid, trucks, Ukraine, wars... These days are painful...
For a short time I propose you some moments of peace, of tranquility, to forget all the reasons to stress and to relax a little.
We will have time, a few minutes later, to start again to be citizens of the world...

Another caption could be:
Ceci n'est pas un nuage. (This is not a cloud.)

nicolas claris

My photo(s) of the week #16

In Néa Makri in Greece, a few days ago, I went at the market to buy a fish (that went delicious simply cooked in the oven).
She was so nice I asked her if I could shoot a pic of her and she said yes…

_N000581.jpg