• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Photography turned to Art ...

I'm "insane” and do strange projects. I was asked to be a backup exhibitor at a local gallery, and do 12 digital paintings, which I did, and then got obsessed and did 142 in four months.
Here is a selfie painting example ( In My Own Hands ), based on my images of parts of me and inside of Stockholm Town Hall. Its not exactly my real look =) . Added a closeup image to see the details of what I call, Sloppy Brush style.

Attachments

• pp46-selfie-kamera-1200.jpg
    pp46-selfie-kamera-1200.jpg
    449.5 KB · Views: 79
  • pp46-selfie-kamera-closeup.jpg
    pp46-selfie-kamera-closeup.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 79

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Per, you are AMAZING!

We always enjoy your work. Does the gallery have an exhibition of this series? Send us a link?

It should be in your local newspapers and TV too!

Let thrm know!

Asher

Thanks =). The gallery is a little strange too. It's an outdoor gallery and features 13 big posters on 3 brick walls for each exhibition. And I have been shooting the artists art works and designed the posters for 3 years now. It's a free gallery in a suburb, no cost for artist or visitors, open 24/7. Here's an image of one of the walls of mine at the moment. Some "paintings" are more normal, like the Statue of Liberty, but from behind =) Added a closeup of the sloppy brush.

Attachments

• vägg2.jpg
    vägg2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 80
  • frihetsgudinnan-1200.jpg
    frihetsgudinnan-1200.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 84
  • frihetsgudinnan-closeup.jpg
    frihetsgudinnan-closeup.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 79

Asif Khan

Banned
In fact, I have a personal story that illustrates this point. A few years ago, I embarked on a photography project that aimed to challenge the traditional beauty standards in our society. I photographed people of all ages, genders, and body types, and showcased their unique beauty and individuality. The project received a lot of attention and was even exhibited in a local art gallery. It was a defining moment for me as a photographer because it showed me that photography can be used as a means of social commentary and advocacy, just like any other art form.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
In fact, I have a personal story that illustrates this point. A few years ago, I embarked on a photography project that aimed to challenge the traditional beauty standards in our society. I photographed people of all ages, genders, and body types, and showcased their unique beauty and individuality. The project received a lot of attention and was even exhibited in a local art gallery. It was a defining moment for me as a photographer because it showed me that photography can be used as a means of social commentary and advocacy, just like any other art form.
Exactly!

Asif,

I am so pleased to hear that as Art can potentially not merely stimulate our emotions but then question our assumptions and fixed notions on what are behavior and attitudes could be better developed to serve society.

I know this was a great achievement. You must develop this further!

Kudos!

Asher