• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

photoshoot in Greenock Scotland

Serge Chabert

For what is worth, here are photos from a recent photo shoot in Greenock, Scotland.

© Serge Chabert

Shot In Greenock (color on Fuji Provia 100 and black and white on Ilford HP5 plus)
Model and makeup : Samantha Jack

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Serge,

I am thrilled that you share this film shoot!

Bravo!

First, where did you get your film? Is this from your freezer or camera stores?

I just checked and B&H in New York has a surprisingly rich offering, brand new!

Didn’t realize we were so fortunate.

Mine is all in a wine refrigerator!

What format are you shooting in?

Asher

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

I do not do a lot of outdoor shoots now as I like control of my lighting and so there’s a lot of gear to schlepp! It today, we have Godox lights with batteries and perhaps it would be easier. I still depend half on Lumedyne packs of various size and shapes!

You appear to be using natural light or one low flash as I don’t see reflection in her eyes, at least in this beautiful first shot!

I am impressed!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Serge,

Precious. Thanks.

Now let's see -if this isn't done with a digital sensor, is it still phtography?

Welcome aboard, and best regards,

Doug

Serge Chabert

Serge,

I am thrilled that you share this film shoot!

Bravo!

First, where did you get your film? Is this from your freezer or camera stores?

I just checked and B&H in New York has a surprisingly rich offering, brand new!

Didn’t realize we were so fortunate.

Mine is all in a wine refrigerator!

What format are you shooting in?

Asher
All films were from a camera store. I was shooting in 35 mm format.

Asher Kelman

Several years back, even mega camera stores had just a few lonely rolls in sparse cases and just one size of large format and no choices!

Now the New York stores are well stocked. Ilford seems to be going on fine with B& W. I wonder whether they are still Independant or were they bought up?

Asher

Serge Chabert

I do not do a lot of outdoor shoots now as I like control of my lighting and so there’s a lot of gear to schlepp! It today, we have Godox lights with batteries and perhaps it would be easier. I still depend half on Lumedyne packs of various size and shapes!

You appear to be using natural light or one low flash as I don’t see reflection in her eyes, at least in this beautiful first shot!

I am impressed!

Asher
So, Serge, what was your lighting?

Asher
just natural daylight (overcast sky).

Asher Kelman

Serge,

Do you use reflectors at all?

I find that helps smooth out the skin in my models. But your model has beautiful complexion!

Asher