• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Random pictures - Regularly updated - Juste pour le plaisir

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
_NCZ5883_web.jpg

"Lavande papillon", for the bees​

Tom dinning

Registrant*
In my honest opinion (as compared to my dishonest one, which is a regular occurrence here), typing ‘in my honest opinion’ would give me 3+1 of the necessary words required for a response.

But I’m not a person of few words, lies or not, so I will continue.

Yeah, right! Another bloody flower. Actually, an inflorescence. I suspect the structures appearing at the top are modified leaves.

And then another bloody boat. I’m a bit concerned for the ladies up front. They seem to be ill equipped for riding up front on a slipper surface at such speed without safety equipment. Perhaps they are disposable items for the production.

Who can afford such luxuries (I mean the boat, not the women)? I can barely afford a ducky for my tub. And why tight skinned young damsels with open legs and voluminous boobs? Christine likes boats. She’d be quite happy to ride one in your next shoot.
Off the coast of Arnhem Land is safer than Turkey. Except for the crocs, jelly fish, rays, sharks, octopus, cyclone and tidal displacement.

“Thumbs up”, Nic.

nicolas claris

In my honest opinion (as compared to my dishonest one, which is a regular occurrence here), typing ‘in my honest opinion’ would give me 3+1 of the necessary words required for a response.

But I’m not a person of few words, lies or not, so I will continue.

Yeah, right! Another bloody flower. Actually, an inflorescence. I suspect the structures appearing at the top are modified leaves.

And then another bloody boat. I’m a bit concerned for the ladies up front. They seem to be ill equipped for riding up front on a slipper surface at such speed without safety equipment. Perhaps they are disposable items for the production.

Who can afford such luxuries (I mean the boat, not the women)? I can barely afford a ducky for my tub. And why tight skinned young damsels with open legs and voluminous boobs? Christine likes boats. She’d be quite happy to ride one in your next shoot.
Off the coast of Arnhem Land is safer than Turkey. Except for the crocs, jelly fish, rays, sharks, octopus, cyclone and tidal displacement.

“Thumbs up”, Nic.
Thanks Tom!
The "Lavande Papillon" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lavandula_stoechas) shot is not tricked, leaves are as they are… They grow quietly on our roof terrasse, making bees busy and happy !
As for the demoiselles, no danger at that time, sea was as flat as a calm pond, just goldfish were missing, so no, no danger.
BTW Why young demoiselle "bien pourvues par la nature" couldn't enjoy riding such horse? They might be the owner's daughters… ;)
I'd be glad to have Christine for an upcoming shoot, but I'm afraid that the coast of Arnhem Land is a bit far to bring boat and crew…

Here is one of the demoiselles, resting after the above pic (shot from helicopter):

_45R4583.jpg

Hey Dad, love your boat!

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nicolas,

I must say your random choices seem suspiciously biased!

A29F3DD8-4E7C-459B-B10C-EB0A8A9D9639.jpeg

It’s like going to a beach picking a few stones and one randomly happens to be a raw 20 carat diamond wearing Belgian lace bra, no less!

You are hired!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Those French Marine stripes would make any woman catch your eye, but for her, that’s not necessary!

BTW, Can you discern the writing on her diary?

Asher

nicolas claris

BTW, Can you discern the writing on her diary?
For some forgotten reason there were 2 versions of the same shot, one (the one already postes above, has been horizontally flipped…
So I went to the orignal non flipped version (otherwise you would have need a mirror to be able to read ;)
Here is a crop of the high res:

Lifestyle_NCZ2196.jpg

Can you read?

Asher Kelman

Pretty well educated young woman! What are the last few words of the top line on the right!

What do you know about her?

is she training to be a museum curators, a gallerist or an academic?

......or that was written for her as a prop?

Asher

nicolas claris

Pretty well educated young woman! What are the last few words of the top line on the right!

What do you know about her?

is she training to be a museum curators, a gallerist or an academic?

......or that was written for her as a prop?

Asher
Asher,
I can't read the missing words either…
She is a professional model (vice Miss France a few years ago).
AFAIR the text was written by someone at the client's marketing crew.

Another view of her:

Lifestyle_NCZ0866.jpg

You may watch many other shots with her here

Asher Kelman

I thought it was about the boat.
It’s about “What sails your boat?”
The boat companies are offering to very rich folk an imagined luxurious dreamed of way of life, sailing the beautiful oceans, cutting through the waves and visiting far away exotic playgrounds!

This is a very expert brilliantly crafted business, something like a photographer of a rock star or monarch or a fairy tail wedding.

This class of boats sometimes requires the top naval engineers and fabricators and the most advanced integration of naval electronics.

A book is produced with some 16 or 28 or so copies at a cost of roughly $100,000 To $400,000!

What kind of dream wouldn’t include one’s sons and his beautiful daughter in laws?

Asher

nicolas claris

I thought it was about the boat.
Besides Asher's comment, my job is to show what can be done with such a yacht, rather than the yacht itself.
From a marketing point of view, the "product" is first what you can do with such a toy, and then the toy itself once you are attracted enough to want to be the player.

_45R0881.jpg

100' motor-yacht Shot from helicopter

Asher Kelman

Nicolas,

What about areas where their are pirates?

Can it ever outrun them?

or there are super safe routes?

Asher

nicolas claris

Nicolas,

What about areas where their are pirates?

Can it ever outrun them?

or there are super safe routes?

Asher
Not in the bay of Cannes! LoL!
There are some off the coasts of Somalia, Yemen and Indonesia.
Some have really fast boats, they are all armed and "bad guys"
I know that if you're sailing in the area of Djibouti, you may registered by radio and send your position regularly with radio contacts. In case of problem, army comes to you either by air or sea… But that's not a place I'd like to cruise…

nicolas claris

is this on your roof?

Asher
Yes, out on the terrace.

Funny you asked, because today as I have for long time but never used 3 extension tubes for my Pentax 645Z.
I got thee “#3” out of the shelf, attached it to the 120 mm macro and shot again that “Lavande papillon”…

The flower (including petals) is 36 mm / 1.417323 inch
Of course the flower has grown since the preceding shot (we had strong rains, then sun)

Full frame (120mm macro + extension tube #3)

_NCZ6394_©Nicolas_Claris.jpg

Crops at 100%

_NCZ6394_©Nicolas_Claris_crop.jpg

_NCZ6394_©Nicolas_Claris_crop2-2.jpg

Asher Kelman

Can you do focus stacking with the Pentax?

iThe Fuji GFX has that as well as shooting from a iPad. Seems very easy.

Asher

nicolas claris

Can you do focus stacking with the Pentax?

iThe Fuji GFX has that as well as shooting from a iPad. Seems very easy.

Asher
With the 645Z I cannot shoot focus stacking in auto mode, I have to do it manually…
But I can shoot from a smartphone, a tablet or a computer

Asher Kelman

That 120 Macro is a superb lens!

See if you can find a beautiful black beetle or other bug and fill the frame with the extender added!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Handsome!

Can you explain the tubal structure. Is that around a sail? Do you have that from the side?

Also, the wide black around each of the windows? Is that a rubber gasket or what?