• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Red Shoulder Hawk

Tim Rucci

RedShoulderHawk_1DX_2194opf.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
What a well dressed hawk: has a morning suit and a black long-tailed formal jacket on, like a British Royal on. Sunday ready for Chapel!

Superbly detailed and just the right clarity!

Great job, Tim. When did you make this?

Asher

Tim Rucci

Thanks, Asher.

The image is from January 2013, photographed at Viera Wetlands in Florida.

The hawk was perched atop a dead tree right in front of me, but so as to get a better angle for a photo,
I backed up a bit and shot the image with a 1.4x teleconverter mounted on a 500mm lens. This created
the more horizontal perspective. I would have been shooting the underside of the bird had I not backed
up. The main issue was holding steady a 13-pound lens / camera combination and trying to avoid blurring
due to camera shake. I was rewarded in this case for my patience as the hawk remained for several
minutes before taking flight.

These are manual exposures 1/2000 sec @f5.6, iso 1250.
Here's another view...

1DX_2228opf.jpg

Asher Kelman

Think of all the treasure that are hidden in peoples cupboards and sticks and never see the light of day!

Such stunning photographs must be unearthed and shown. Everyone must catalog and revisit their collections!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Asher

jhone smith

hi I reed your article it's very much interesting and informative, every person in it's life has to reach up to a person for his whole life. for that person there is a very special day of marriage, Everyone desires to keep it's marriage day very special and memorable for that they must need a good photographer and good marriage shoot. here you can get best of photoshoot and hire best one warrenlanephotography

Asher Kelman

hi I reed your article it's very much interesting and informative, every person in it's life has to reach up to a person for his whole life. for that person there is a very special day of marriage, Everyone desires to keep it's marriage day very special and memorable for that they must need a good photographer and good marriage shoot. here you can get best of photoshoot and hire best one warrenlanephotography
I have not yet deleted your blatant “OFF TOPIC” advertisement From this Beautiful “Hawk“ thread,

.....although that is going to occur shortly, as is our custom. So kindly correct your registration.

I have written privately to you.

All members here can have a link in their signature, but no one is allowed such a privilege without

1. real First and Last Names as well as

2. having contributed by sharing photographs of the world through your own camera.

We are always thrilled to see new work and will welcome you when we see your contributions as a photographer.

Asher