• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

River red gums

Andy brown

DSC_7085 soft op.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Andy, our representative Aussie!

These trees are fabulous and you brought us around the globe to share. Thanks so much!

When we think of the fact that these trees, the Wallabees, your buildings and all Australians are “upside down”, we can imagine the earth as a sphere on which 🐜 🐜 like creatures are swarming as it hurtles through space!

Don’t fall off or we’d lose you!!!

Asher

The River Red Gum trees, Eucalyptus camaldulensis, are certainly picturesque and can attain huge sizes.
Many in Australia call them "widow makers" because of their propensity to cast off branches without warning and without obvious reason. Even whole trees can fall suddenly.
It is though that trees under heat or drought stress are the most dangerous. Local wisdom is that no one should camp under them.

Andy brown, that is a glorious picture!

Andy brown

The River Red Gum trees, Eucalyptus camaldulensis, are certainly picturesque and can attain huge sizes.
Many in Australia call them "widow makers" because of their propensity to cast off branches without warning and without obvious reason. Even whole trees can fall suddenly.
It is though that trees under heat or drought stress are the most dangerous. Local wisdom is that no one should camp under them.

Andy brown, that is a glorious picture!
Maris, great to hear from you. Hope you’re well and still shooting.
I’m in the Centre for the next few years.
I’m simultaneously loving it and pining for the coast!
Glad you like the shot.
Praise from you is high praise, thank you.