• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Sara

Antonio Correia

i-235kfxX-X4.jpg

Antonio Correia

Guys... my daughter ! :)
We have eaten in the garden in two separated tables, one for her and son and another for Luisa and myself.
They didn't go into the house. Safe distance always kept !
They took home a fantastic cake and a home made bread !
C19 doesn't play games !

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Guys... my daughter ! :)
We have eaten in the garden in two separated tables, one for her and son and another for Luisa and myself.
They didn't go into the house. Safe distance always kept !
They took home a fantastic cake and a home made bread !
C19 doesn't play games !
Hum hum… Well anyway if I was wrong, you keep lucky!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nicolas,

Luísa is in The same “dream-perfect-wife” class” as Marine & Wendy, LOL, but in addition she is a brilliant and sensitive photographer in her own right.

Her cooking is hard for anyone to match, for a start as she has more seafood choices than any human on the planet, due to a major extravagant fish selling pavilion right near their home!

Asher

nicolas claris

Nicolas,

Luísa is in The same “dream-perfect-wife” class” as Marine & Wendy, LOL, but in addition she is a brilliant and sensitive photographer in her own right.

Her cooking is hard for anyone to match, for a start as she has more seafood choices than any human on the planet, due to a major extravagant fish selling pavilion right near their home!

Asher
I knew I have to visit Antonio one day!

Asher Kelman

It has to be when the flamingos come to visit the abandoned ships in the estuary near you!

We should have a post Covid Celebration and rent a chateau and bring children and hire a staff and a chef!

Asher

nicolas claris

It has to be when the flamingos come to visit the abandoned ships in the estuary near you!

We should have a post Covid Celebration and rent a chateau and bring children and hire a staff and a chef!

Asher
We would be like tycoons!
But I may rather prefer some good food in a local restaurant… Codfish!

Antonio Correia

Codfish ???? No way, no way Nicolas !

Seabass, sardines and some others...

With C19 these days ?
I wouldn't dare to eat in any restaurant. Later. Perhaps, who knows ?

Asher Kelman

Amazing that there is such slowness in vaccination when a lot of the vaccine is made in Europe!

it really doesn’t make sense! Italy, France, Germany or the U.K alone could make enough vaccines for the planet!

Once the method is set up, it’s just a few billion Euro and and army of high school science teachers who are now out of work anyway.

Imagine each of these countries can build world class jet fighters but can’t organize a simple mechanical mass production by State order! It boggles the mind. If Napoleon was around, he’d level a City if need be to set up vaccine factories!

Asher

Jerome Marot

Amazing that there is such slowness in vaccination when a lot of the vaccine is made in Europe!

it really doesn’t make sense! Italy, France, Germany or the U.K alone could make enough vaccines for the planet!

Once the method is set up, it’s just a few billion Euro and and army of high school science teachers who are now out of work anyway.

It is not quite that simple. Setting up production and ramping up takes 1-2 months, considering the number of doses needed. But the main problem is indeed money: the firms who have the rights to the vaccines demand payment, which is fair of course. Europe tried to negotiate a fair price, with the consequence that the countries who agreed to pay through the nose are served first. I think the manufacturers are producing as much doses as they can (why wouldn't they?), but there simply aren't enough doses yet and the highest bidders are served first.

Asher Kelman

It is not quite that simple. Setting up production and ramping up takes 1-2 months, considering the number of doses needed. But the main problem is indeed money: the firms who have the rights to the vaccines demand payment, which is fair of course. Europe tried to negotiate a fair price, with the consequence that the countries who agreed to pay through the nose are served first. I think the manufacturers are producing as much doses as they can (why wouldn't they?), but there simply aren't enough doses yet and the highest bidders are served first.
Jérôme,

What you say is true and should be true except in time of existential threat like war, famine and plague!

But the EU doesn’t view cheap state mass production as being more important than allowing capitalism to be respected even with massive death rates!

In a war, we simply demand the result and organize by dominant government authority so we get the necessary tools to win with the lowest mortality!

Thr amount of money is trivial compared to even one FAB plant for semi conductors or several new nuclear reactors for France or 60 F-35 fighters for the UK!

I just don’t understand how spineless leaders are to buck the system of routine patent protections!

In actual fact all these vaccines were dependent on research grants and funding of science students, research associates, PH.Ds and the like from every major Western Country including g the United States. The prior research that enabled these vaccines are already paid for by our taxes!

Asher

Jerome Marot

What you say is true and should be true except in time of existential threat like war, famine and plague!

You are indeed raising an important point. It does not seem that the west is treating the present situation as a state of emergency. Things are different in China. Everybody remembers the hospital which was built in Wuhan in a week. The west did not use the intermission of summer 2020 to build more emergency rooms and train new nurses. In France (where I follow the news), the government is still implementing savings on the hospital system. OTOH, recent news is that we will hire 10000 policemen.

China is also apparently vaccinating 5 millions people a day.

Asher Kelman

You are indeed raising an important point. It does not seem that the west is treating the present situation as a state of emergency. Things are different in China. Everybody remembers the hospital which was built in Wuhan in a week. The west did not use the intermission of summer 2020 to build more emergency rooms and train new nurses. In France (where I follow the news), the government is still implementing savings on the hospital system. OTOH, recent news is that we will hire 10000 policemen.

China is also apparently vaccinating 5 millions people a day.
Jérôme,

Neither the French Revolution nor the overthrow of the Czar in Russia wiped out the mentality of respect for the Church and the elites. Russia is essentially an oil country with 10% in security and the population has no say in the wealth distribution and decision making. France balances forces of right and left.

China allows commerce and profits immensely from
it but mentally they are totally free of RESPECT for capitalists! So they can intervene at a moments notice and carry out party edicts without having to bow down to industry chiefs. Graft is massive, but downfall can be at 10pm tonight or 2am next week!

The West’s tolerance for death reminds me of a wartime General who, hearing about the likely caualties for “Plan A”, to take a beach, says, “At the most 9,000 men lost in landing 20,000 men, in two days?”

“Sure, can absorb that!”

Asher