• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Some Good Photo Days

Robert Watcher

I’ve had a pretty good week photographing around the city of San Miguel in El Salvador. I find it fascinating that while all of the Central American countries I have lived in, have similarities - and most of my photographs reflect the same type of content —— the resulting images are completely different from each country and even different Departments of the country. My style and approach are different from each country, when I look back through my large catalogue of files from my 11 years experience here.

A few of this weeks image, have been posted directly on the OPF Forum, and there are many more on my Instagram account @travelliteshootheavy

Robert Watcher

Thanks Asher. I have never tired of taking photographs on a regular basis, or of taking time to process them so they can be enjoyed by others. It’s funny —- I never considered the pics that I throw up on Instagram as a “huge amount of work”. :unsure: I and probably anyone following my work there, only notice the last half a dozen or so posted images.

I just did the math for the first time this morning, to see how long I have been on Instagram / number of photographs posted - and realized that I am a little obsessive (maybe prolific is better) with my photography. I started Instagram September 5’th, 2015. That is 1360 days ago from today - meaning that I have posted an average of 3 meaningful (to me) travel/street images every day of those 3-1/2 years. That has not been a goal to do.

The problem with Instagram is that it is a terrible way to go back and visit or find older images, so has limited value for archiving or searching out specific photographs - and no real value for finding potential clients and paid work. But it does serve a purpose for me, in directing people that I run into or have taken pics of, to my Instagram feed so they can see what I do and follow my latest images. Most people are connected on their phone and can find you easily with the user name.

The majority of the world and definitely the third world countries, still primarily use Facebook and so even though I hardly visit my account and never post from there - each new Instagram post is set to post to Facebook as well - so people I chat with on the streets, takes pics of and my professional clients who prefer Facebook or don’t use Instagram, can get notifications and check out my latest work.

——-

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Your effort has paid off handsomely.

Our new galleries will shortly give you the highest ability to find older pictures and categorize them easilly.

You will have a storage Gallery, a public gallery, (that anyone can look at), and a bespoke gallery, instead, if you wish, for sales and licensing and from which the “Showcase Gallery” for the forum itself will show the world the pictures admired the most!

Of course you can link to Facebook and all other social media from here!

In addition I am building a comprehensive OPF Photo-Wiki.

Asher