• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Some shots from a beach a couple of miles from us (10/31/2021)

Jim Olson

This is a quite little beach and the first time my wife and I stopped here and we stayed until after midnight.
So much to shoot...

BV6A9792 (2).jpg

After the seagull we spotted some jellyfish that washed up on the beach...

BV6A9812_2_25.jpg

Then we saw a otter eating a fish he caught, then all hell broke loose when a gang saw him.

BV6A9864_2_50.jpg

Then I got a shot of one otter biting another one...

BV6A9875_2_50.jpg

Then they ran away.
BV6A9888_2_50.jpg

BV6A9889_2_50.jpg

Then about 7:30 that night I got lucky with the Aurora Borealis and a shooting star.

BV6A9944_crop_50.jpg

Then 2 more shots after midnight.
This one was light painted by a passing car...

BV6A9974_2_50.jpg

This one was with my LED headlamp. Most of the night I just used the RED LED but had to do this last shot with white light just for the heck of it.

BV6A9978_2_50.jpg

Last edited:

Jim Olson

We have been told by the Facebook Washington Aurora Borealis group, that it will only get better in the coming years up to 2025.