• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Still life (in them)

Doug Kerr

2019.08.10 was Carla's 81st birthday. Each of her older two kids sent her a lovely flower arrangement.

By a few days ago, many of the blooms had reached their end of useful life, but not all. Carla extracted the ones from both arrangements with a few more days in them and arranged them in a clear glass cube vase from an arrangement I had sent her in June for our 20th anniversary.

Douglas A. Kerr: Still life (in them)

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Doug,

Congratulations to Carla on her 82st birthday and to the love you have from family and each other.

Such “assemblage” of ceremonial gifts using the already ritualized vessel of your 20th Anniversary, is actually in the mechanism and formal structure of “giving and accepting sacrament”, as for example in “communion” used a sacred cup in the Catholic Church.

The assertion that it’s the flesh blood of Christ is fitting, in its particular religious context but actually it’s also still essentially partaking of a “communal feeding and bonding” that is basic to all cultures and inherently beautiful.

Ceremony is so human and important to us and we celebrate each other and our good fortune to be loved!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,
Doug,

Congratulations to Carla on her 82st birthday and to the love you have from family and each other.

Thanks so much Asher. I am so very fortunate.[/quote]

Such “assemblage” of ceremonial gifts using the already ritualized vessel of your 20th Anniversary, is actually in the mechanism and formal structure of “giving and accepting sacrament”, as for example in “communion” used a sacred cup in the Catholic Church.

The assertion that it’s the flesh blood of Christ is fitting, in its particular religious context but actually it’s also still essentially partaking of a “communal feeding and bonding” that is basic to all cultures and inherently beautiful.
Well, I'm not big on transubstantiation, but what you ascribe to it is lovely indeed.

Ceremony is so human and important to us . . .

Yes, and it took me many years to really appreciate that!

. .and we celebrate each other and our good fortune to be loved!

Yes, indeed.

Best regards,

Doug

Last edited: