• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Panjim Church

Rajan Parrikar

pro member
From my photo essay Panjim Promenade – Church of Our Lady of Immaculate Conception.

panjim-church1.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Last edited:

Rajan Parrikar

pro member
Asher,

Yes, especially in the stillness of the early morning, it is a dream-like sight.

Thanks for the reference - I shall now look up the work of David Sharir on the web.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It's perfect right here! When a photograph is just that, this is where it belongs. Yes you have used architecture, but this is a photograph, one that will print well and will get accolades.

Asher

Rajan Parrikar

pro member
It's perfect right here! When a photograph is just that, this is where it belongs. Yes you have used architecture, but this is a photograph, one that will print well and will get accolades.

Asher

I asked because often when I make photographs in Goa, they do not fit into any of the categories carved out in the well-known forums. There'll be a lush green field, for instance, suggesting Landscape, but there's also that insignificant church or temple in the composition where history, architecture, religion & culture all commingle. When shooting in the deserts of the American West or in many areas of Iceland the line is more clear (although I can think of images in those places as well where fuzzy situations obtain).