• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Robert Watcher

I haven’t used the macro lens (35mm Olympus) that I got when I was home In Canada a few months ago. Haven’t found bugs or a way to get them still at 1/2 inch from the lens, and I’m realizing that it is hard and takes a lot of patience and controlled environments.

I grabbed a camera with the macro lens just now, and started with one of Anne’s hibiscus flowers for an artsy shot. Even after breaking the flower off and bringing it into the house, somehow there was a breeze that kept moving it in and out of focus after mounting on my light stand. Impossible to do handholding the flower and moving the lens in and out.

I noticed a couple of Anne’s itsy bitsy trinkets from Guatemala, smaller than her thumbnail - and I clamped them into the light stand. I don’t think this type of photography is something that will keep me interested though.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Robert,

A macro photographer might also give up after one attempt at a wedding or working through the throngs in a market and thinking (s)he cant control the composition, LOL!

You are forgetting that all photography is harder than own a lens!

The small things are great for getting out of your comfort zone.

Asher