• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Turn GIMP into "Photoshop"

I came across this info today while poking around Linux stuff, but it applies to other OS's as well. This is new, from about a week ago.

I already set this up in macOS Mojave with GIMP 2.10.14 (see screenshot). The Mac version of GIMP runs a bit behind, so not all features work (Save For Web plug-in option at least, but I saved the screenshot from PhotoGIMP as JPEG).

If anybody wants the already prepared application support folder for Mac (you simply replace the existing one), let me know. Or you can do Terminal and invisible file stuff yourself ;-)

appsupport.png
photogimp.jpg

Jerome Marot

Thanks. If I understand correctly, this just makes the menus more similar to the ones from Adobe or are there additional changes?

Yes, this is like lipstick on a pig ;-)

Of course GIMP is quite capable but suffers from a difficult default GUI.

There was also GIMPShop, but it now forwards to standard GIMP.

Last edited: