• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well, part of my work now is taming my image files. I came across some of my Canon S50 Digicam pictures taken as we passed a window and then resting the camera on a window sill, swept the air with a series of overlapping images.

I am happy I re-discovered the image taken at f4.0 at 1/1000 sec.

Pano - img_2632 - 6475x2643_VATICAN- Blended Layer_Perspective_B_W_small.jpg

Photo © Asher Kelman 2003 "From a Vatican Window"

I'm sure that the colors are wonderfull!

but why f4.0 and why 1/1000 sec.? for a static shot… What ISO?

Hi Nicolas,

I guess I wanted to have a little more DOF than using f2.8 and I had no IS and a wife asking me to hurry so I needed a fast shutter. I'll check the ISO later. The colors are wonderful but I am interested in the unity of form which is only maximized when we have no beautiful colors to seduce us so easilly. I'll prepare a colored file too for posting. Color is very hard for me when I'm not using film. I somehow feel that the digital look is not the same, but maybe I'm just kidding myself.

Asher

Last edited:

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Ah, Italy

Italy and France have been some of my favorite travel destinations. Well, that is a lie. I never met a place I didn't like.

The issue with Italy, however, is that the buildings deserve great color (Nicolas will agree with me, no doubt). The Vatican is quite colorful in and of itself, even with the beige marble everywhere. One look a the Vatican Museum and it' incredibule frescoes or Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel ceiling will tell you. And if you missed that part, the Swiss Guard are not subjects to behold in Black and White...All Color!