• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Who makes a 200WS TTL ringlite for Canon EOS?

A list of Canon lenses currently known to be usable with the Canon ML-3 ringlite!

MACRO:

EF-S 35mm f/2.8L Macro IS STM

EF 50mm f/2.5 Compact Macro

EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro

EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM

EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM (Macrolite Adapter 67 is required)

EF 180mm f/3.5L Macro USM (Macrolite Adapter 72 is required)

EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM

MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x Macro

NON-MACRO:

EF 28mm f/2.8 (when modified by replacing the front name ring with one from the EF 50mm f/2.5 Compact Macro)

EF 35mm f/2 (when modified by replacing the front name ring with one from the EF 50mm f/2.5 Compact Macro)

EF 35mm f/2 IS USM (Macrolite Adapter 67 is required)

EF 50mm f/1.2L USM (Macrolite Adapter 72C is required)

EF 85mm f/1.8 USM (Macrolite Adapter 58C is required)

EF 100mm f/2 USM (Macrolite Adapter 58C is required)

EF 135mm f/2L USM (Macrolite Adapter 72C is required)

EF 135mm f/2.8 Softfocus (Macrolite Adapter 52C is required)

EF 70-200mm f/4L USM (Macrolite Adapter 67 is required)

EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM (Macrolite Adapter 67 is required)

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Asher Kelman: Vintage Canon ML3 Macro Flashes!

Arrived from Japan. One used and one apparently brand new, old stock!

Early tomorrow, I’ll drive East to Will’s electronic shop and he’ll wire this to the plugin “bare-bulb” fixture on a Godox AD 200 Pro flash pack!

But why two flashes?

The used one I will just take apart so we can have my engineer in the Netherlands design a new larger case to be 3D printed to allow use of most big lenses of any make!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Soon, Will, my friend!

Thanks for the incredibly generosity in building my new ring flash for my Fuji GFX!

I will
Post the first pictures shortly!

Asher

1. Over-Temperature Protection● To avoid overheating and deteriorating the flash head, do not fire more than 40 continuous flashes in fast succession at 1/1 full power. After 40 continuous flashes, allow a rest time of at least 10 minutes.● If you fire more than 40 continuous flashes and then fire more flashes in short intervals, the inner over-temperature protection function may be activated and make the recycling time over 10 seconds. If this occurs, allow a rest time of about 10 minutes, and the flash unit will then return to normal.● When the over-temperature protection is started, is shown on the AV display.

Asher Kelman

A huge advantage of the ring light is as a highly portable modern TTL flash for portraits, on the go!

For me, it has additional special value, as an added flash for an otherwise perfect studio setup.

Here, one can add just a enough gentle direct light to flood large skin pores on that otherwise would be obvious and too well “drawn” with the key light used for overall 3D form.

Asher.