• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Fashion Headshot

John Miller

Here's a model headshot from a fashion photoshoot I did a few years in a rented photo studio.

Equipment: Canon 1D Mark ll with a Canon 70-200 f2.8 on a tripod using Norman studio strobes.

Thanks for looking!

Female Model.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well I do like the bold pinks. You lighting is very even, flattering and great for hiding skin wrinkles and pores. I am familiar with Norman lights as OPFer, Will Thompson used them exclusively till several years ago when he switched to Godox.

So do you ever use lighting to build a more 3D look with shading?

Asher

John Miller

I really don't vary my lighting very much. I like to keep everything as simple as possible. Nobody has complained yet.

I've used Norman lighting gear for years. It always works. It's a lot like Speedtron's Black Line.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I really don't vary my lighting very much. I like to keep everything as simple as possible. Nobody has complained yet.

I've used Norman lighting gear for years. It always works. It's a lot like Speedtron's Black Line.
John,

Try adding one extra light from above the upper right of the face at a 45 degrees angle to her left.

Tell me if you like the appearance of a more 3 dimensional appearance!

It works with smooth young faces and craggy old faces!

Just something to try. It adds drama!

But for sure, you are correct, that an even lighting hides flaws and is always pleasant.

Asher